Newstead park

Tim a

Brad, jake and myself tried around new stead park today. We start of on the pontoon and thats where Jake got the first jew, rougly about 30 cm. I was back putting a livie on when a man came down from the place where they hold weddings and says to me, \" mate I'll give you fifty bucks if you make sure that no one messes with the sound sytem while I'm gone.\" Flattered I just said \"done\" so i was up on the patio looking after the sound system for 45 mins for 50 bucks!!!!!!!! jackpot! Any way Jake and brad are still on the pontoon and brad catches another jew. Same size. Quite strange there was a lot of jews around! anyyway skip the rest and as the wedding is coming we moved down to a different spot new the apartments. Brad picks up the biggest Jew of the trip at about 35 cm.

I was the only one using live bait and the only one not catching anything so I was mucking around the a hardbody 100 m away from my livie rod when zzzz then a bystander is shout \"YOU GOT ONE YOU GOT ONE!\" like a little girl. I sprinted back to my rod and jake is starting to play the fish and hands it over to me. Line goes slack . No ones fault really(apart from jake;) )

To cut a long story short nothing else happened.

Total score

5 school jew ( jake 2 brad 3) all around 30cm

All the jews were caught one frozen prawns.

The bait was very scarse as brad could only manage 1 mullet and 5 other small fish.

Enjoyable day and good to meet new members.

Tim

P.s No pics coz jakes batterys ran out. I have one pic of a the biggest jew but I can't get it onto the comp from the phone. Can I send it to someone then they put it on?

TIMBO wrote:

Tim

P.s No pics coz jakes batterys ran out. I have one pic of a the biggest jew but I can't get it onto the comp from the phone. Can I send it to someone then they put it on?

Sure I'll post it 0415 942 770...

I should intro myself, I am Mick I found this site today while looking for a place to fish on google...

I am heading out tomorrow and would be keen to know a good spot on the river around new farm or brekkie creek...

On on MSN mick_molloy@hotmail.com...

i think we were goin overkill on the line cos half the time u didnt know if u had one of those beauties hooked. Next time ill might use som 5lb to give em a chance n to hav som fun. Ill b headin down there for a ovanighter in the holidays somtime so if we can get a few guys together i rekon we'll make a good night outta it.

Throw up som dates ne1 tht wants to com n well arange somfin

cheers brado

Archived