Carbon Fibre

Leighton

Had a quick fish late Saturday afternoon.

Was blowing a bit so thought I would head out to an area I have never fished before. Boat in at Manly and headed for Mud Is, my theory was if Mud failed me I could fish St Hel and Green on the way back.

Having never fished Mud I was at a bit of a loss, I small grab on my plastic and thats it. I was fishing from 12m to about 6m drifting along covering plenty of ground with a stiff wind.

Pulled the pin and headed in, I use to fish St Hel a lot so I couldnt resist the temptation of another few casts.

With my new combo in hand ( Egrell Bear S4 and Daiwa Morethan Branzino 3000 )I was determined to land a fish. Hooked onto a small Cod so I was happy. Next cast I went toe to toe with a solid Snapper, I tell you, the sound of Line being pulled off a Carbon Fibre Spool is something special..it takes zzzzzzzzzz to the next level.

Landed that fish then headed home a happy lad.

ps..any tips on Mud Is would be appreciated [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Branzino1_AFO.jpg

post-2505-144598442836_thumb.jpg

Master Sardines wrote:

nice 1 Captain, :) will be my next mission chasing some local snapper southern bay area. dunno if i'll find that quality tho :unsure:

Baits or plastics? Pretty much all of the Bay Islands have Snapper on them from time to time. If you can beat the crouds or even go out in a little dodgy weather your chances improve

Archived