Lets go Kayak off Bribie

username_taken

Was talking to Terry at the end of the Baroon trip, and we mentioned a few places we should take the kayaks out to.

Bribie sounded to me like a good option, if the weather is excellent we can head out into the deep blue, if not so good, then there's all the creeks and rivers in the passage like Ningi.

Who's keen for it ? This weekend is a bit soon for me, gotta build up a few brownie points first, but maybe the weekend after ?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill be there, I have not been out there for a while now, some very good snapper around the marker off woorum and there should be a few pelagics showing now too :):). the best place to launch is 8th ave straight off the beach, (username_taken the faithful tempo has done it many a time lol).

If you want to see a few reports have a search for Bribie ocean side in trip reports

Lee

fishyman wrote:

well i now have the tackle for it.

sorry if its a dumb question but how had is it launching from the ocean side of bribie??

Usually a very easy launch less than half a meter, im sure there will be more experienced guys there, so watch how its done. comming back in is usually where people come undone

if its a sunday Ill be there

Lee

Its a sunday Lee. I'll be there:)

Fishyman: Getting out isn't a big problem, although I noticed the waves there are more dumpers. Last time I went out there my cockpit filled up with water (I'm not kidding) after a wave cracked over my bow.

But Fishyman, there will be some guys (myself included) who could help you with the launch and reentry. As long as everything is stored in a hull, or tied down you should be right (even if you roll it)

But as Lee said, geting out is the easy part, it's riding the waves back in which is the time you'll roll it. the problem with reentry is that the waves sometimes tend to turn you sideways, which you have to prevent. If they turn you sideways you will most likely end up in the drink.

Ok guys this sounds good.

I have made this a calendar if you wish to register.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_attend_events&Itemid=246

Looking forward to seeing a few of you there.

Clawhammer: I hear you were looking for a chance mate :)

Angus

pcsolutionman wrote:

Ill throw it out there for anybody really interested, I can bring a second spare yak if theres someone who wants to come a long but doesnt have one just let me know

Lee

I think Keithygeorge was keen on borrowing a yak potentially.

Lee: You reckon as Espri would be up for the surf launch. I guess Jordan took his Ozzie out!!

Angus

dont suppose anyone would be able to cart me and my outback there would they? i live in Mt Ommaney.

its just my dad said he could probs take me but then unless we magically buy a yak in 2 weeks hes not gonna be able to come out and thus be stuck landbased until i get back and hes not good at being on his feet for a long time.

fishyman wrote:

dont suppose anyone would be able to cart me and my outback there would they? i live in Mt Ommaney.

its just my dad said he could probs take me but then unless we magically buy a yak in 2 weeks hes not gonna be able to come out and thus be stuck landbased until i get back and hes not good at being on his feet for a long time.

see previous post, I can bring a spare yak

Lee

Archived