Lets go Kayak off Bribie

username_taken

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might come and join you all as photo hog.

I need some more action Profish photos, some general kayak fishing photos of all brands of kayaks, not just Viking, for some articles I am writing, and would really like to get some photos that can be blown up to hang on the walls of the shop.

That is if some of you don't mind being models.

Cheers

Alex

oh awesome guys this is shaping up to be a really good day on the water.

alex, me and my dad are in the market for another kayak and are looking at the profish 45 as one of our contenders. Lee has said he could bring a spare yak (tempo) but i would love if i could have a go in a profish to try it out and see how i like it as the hobie will be dad's and the new yak will be my one. its a toss up between hobie or viking and i am leaning towards viking even though peddle power is really handy, the profish just seems to have heaps of little handy nick nacks for fishing plus i dont mind a paddle every now and then :D

so if its not to much to ask would it be possible for me to try out a profish for the day? plus then keithygeorge could have lee's tempo.

im sure there could be a 6 pack in it for ya.

Keithygeorge wrote:

hey guys any chance of using a spare kayak for the day if i cant buy one?

Keithy ill see what I can arrange.

Alex may even be keen to come along with some demo Profish's. No promises but let me see.

If not Ill try and get a second one there for you.

Stay tuned.

Angus

sweet thanks a heap alex :):D maybe i will be able to convince dad to buy a profish.

so that means Lee (pcsolutionman) still has a spare yak for anyone that wants it since keithygeorge has the other profish.

Lee, i really appreciate the kind and generous offer but this will save mehaving to try out a profish another time. but thanks a heaps mate i would give you karma but its gone :(

fishyman wrote:

im getting psyched already about this trip.

sorry if its a stupid question but hopefully your responses willget my mum off my back.

what are the sharks like out were we are headed?? i know the chances are about 1 in a 1000000 but my mums one of those over protective types lol

Mate there are sharks everywhere. If she wont let you fish if there are sharks youll never do any salt water :P

Angus

fishyman wrote:

thats pretty much exactly what i said.

quote mum "tom your going offshore in a kayak dont you think thats a bit dangerous there are sharks out there"

quote tom" umm mum i ski and swim in the brissy river *showed her a pic of terry's massive shark*

quote mum"oh"

Hahahaha.

Well put :P

Angus

fishyman wrote:

hahahaha.

well i am now 99% sure i am coming only thing is weather.

do we have a plan B is offshore isnt looking good

B Plan i reckon just hit the passage. Its a pretty good back up as its close enough by and we would still stand a reasonably shot at getting fish.

Angus

sweet, both sound like good ideas to me.

im guessing plastics in the 3 to 5inch range would be suitable for the snapper. i have a few packets of gulp i have to get through. 2 x 3inch minnow, 1x 5inch jerk shads,

is it just me or do gulp packets always stink even if they are sealed up tight lol

i think ill start to be a squidgy man myself lol less smelly and still great on the fish.

their pro range critters and lobbys are great guns on the bream, plus theres always the old school wriglers.

i have some more i just found, a packet of squidgy flick bait 3 inch , 1x 4inch power minnow, 1x 3inch GULP pogy.

so i think im set tackle wise now all i have to do is get throughthe next week and a half of school haha

fishyman wrote:

im getting psyched already about this trip.

sorry if its a stupid question but hopefully your responses willget my mum off my back.

what are the sharks like out were we are headed?? i know the chances are about 1 in a 1000000 but my mums one of those over protective types lol

Fishyman if you are that concerned i will bring along my sharkshield and you can use it for the first time if you would like added protection mate up to you!

Hahaha Lee thats insane. After all those clips of people being impaled made in another post, I must say id be reluctant to remove the hook myself. Let alone get out of teh yak and swim the fish which has been fighting and bleeding for quite a few minutes boat side. But power to him!!

Angus

Wont need to drive on the beach.

Lee is better able to answer this than me, among others, as i have never done a surf launch there. But im pretty sure this google link is where we are going.

Lee can you confirm mate?

/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-27.069673,153.208637&spn=0.030877,0.05785&z=14&om=0

Archived