SUNKEN WALL Adventure, Sunday 10th

fishyman

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowfish13 wrote:

Yeap, there are wrecks in there. They are a bit hard to cast at landbased though. They would only be deep enough at high tide, but then it would be too hard to cast through the trees to get to them:S

Tree catching is a favourite of mine...not. You find a lovely spot, put on your best lure, and flick your first cast and...it goes a bit wayward (us old blokes are a bit stiff in the morning ;) ). Tea trees, in particular, put up a lot of resistance, and unless you like an early morning swim, reckon the whole thing is worth about 15 metres of line plus terminal tackle.

Sorry, guys, couldn't help the comment. When I did examine the tree in question, I counted about 15 sets of line, lures, swivels and sinkers etc :S .

Good luck at Boggy Creek. Might even get there myself, since you all seem bloody good people.

hey tim,

mate im havign a bit of trouble with your rod.

becasue its such a fast tapered thin rod the tip runner's tube is to small to go onto where it broke and if i tried to file it down so it would fit thered literally be no rod left.

so, you have two options.

1. i bind on a fly guide as a tip runner much like it was when i picked it up, this will be plenty strong enough and is actually thr trend at the moment in ultralight rods as they are light than tip runners.

2. i use a different tip runner, BUT it will not match

so its your choice mate?

OK well.

revised list of attendees for the Sunken wall Lure adventure.

ill be arriving at the pinkenba boat ramp at 6:30AM with pinkey.

Me (Fishyman)

Tim (Pinkey)

Dan (Dan23)

Kev (Kevinchen)

and possibly

Mack attack

cowfish

sorry if i have missed anyone feel free to post up your name and what time you will arrive at the ramp.

flathead wrote:

What do u guys reacon the water clarity will be like at the sunken wall and further into the river very dirty and fairly fresh i prosume do u think that would shut the fish down abit?

Last time we went there, it was still very clean. We got heaps of strikes in the murkier water when the tide started coming in.

Doesn't look like we'll be able to get there for this one:(

Ask any questions about the place and I'll try to help you to the best of my ability:)

Pinkey: I'd probably go for a Smith Camion DR or an SX48.

pinkey wrote:

unlucky cowfish, nextime. u know behind all thoose trees theres a little lagoon/creek thing, have you tried it? can u acces it ?

Yeah we have. It is really shallow for most of the way, but in one of the deeper areas, we did manage to hook a decent Bream, but that's it. We tend to just stick to the main river.

i got some hits on my new lures today at boggy creek so i'm very confident with my lures now. i got 1 hook straightened b4 i even raised my rod to strike( well, i cannot even raise the rod when the drag's going like hell). then i throw another newly bought lure and got a big hit, then another hit and anohter b4 a cattie's landed. lol BTW, the two lures i used was 65mm and 80mm ones. so those fish r not small

oh ok cool. My fav places to fish are little shallow areas that no one thinks of fishin, but anyway, did you pick up ya fish casting paralel to the sunken wall or diaganal or straight out, in the boat callum got allmost all his fish no more than 1m out from the wall. Apart from his flatty :P.

Archived