SUNKEN WALL Adventure, Sunday 10th

fishyman

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it was annoying I cast around for ages with an Xrap and some really big plastics without a touch using 40lb. I was targeting a big cod.

Gave up and started using my bream gear with a lite leader. Couple of casts of a 3" minnow and whack. Solid thump that felt like I'd hit a rock then my line took off in a screaming run straight under a big oyster encrusted rock:(

Oh well, the was a cod there he was just leader shy I guess.

pinkey wrote:

today was slow, but good to meet a few members.. Tom and I arrived at around 6:15am at pinkenba boatramp and met up with kev, dan and mick and we made our way down the wall casting along.. First fish was a small 18cm cod by me, on a atomic prong, struck in close and swam straight under a rock (2lb line) o.O so i just reached out and lifted up the rock and out he swam :P. Nothing for a while then im on again this time a 22cm bream.. after that it went quite for ages, then mick landed a 25odd cm cod.. then tom got a small bream, then dan got smoked.. Then we went to boggy, flicked around abit for nothing but we saw heaps of bait swimming around, so mick brought out the net, and first cast with a live prawn kev got a stingray, then mick got a big stingray, then kev another little one then a big catty, then i got a small bream on a live prawn i put on my jighead :P. That was it :P, mick got a vid of kev fighting a ray :P and he got a few pics. a slow but good day..

I wanna see that Vid with all the big calls :laugh: :P :P :cheer: B)

hahah me too!

it was a fun day.

i went swimming about 7 times.

twice in consecutive casts by mick of the rockwall with his new Ecogear VX35 i had to dive under and feel around the rocks :P

then about 5 times to land peoples stingrays and untangle lines from trees.

good to meet you guys have to do it again sometime but maybe somewhere a bit more fisherman friendly lol.

thanks for the trip.

hahah im not that crazy.

what are you saying you wouldnt do it for me dan :P

well i dont do it that often if it was me id just cut the line but seeing as they were other peoples i thought id get their rigs back for them.

plus i know i wouldnt want to loose a brand new 20 dollar lure in the brissie river to a snag lol.

Dan23 wrote:

I guess I just value my leg getting chewed on by a 3M Bullie higher than $20:laugh:

If Lee sees this he'll have a field day.:unsure:

There's a trick to lifting bullsharks, you put an uncessesary appendage ( preferably attached to somebody else ) into it's mouth, It'll be so busy chewing on it, that you can lift it right up and out of the water with very little struggle.

Thanks for a fun day guys.. Tom I owe you a beer (when yoour old enough) for not once but twice retiving my VX 35 ... I have attached some of my pics from the day with the Video of Kev Jack / Flattie / Catfish / Stingray to come as soon as I upload it to youtube.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image113_AFO.jpg

post-348-144598443534_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that Mick, but it was tom who dived in for all your stuff :P, i only went in for my lure hehe, tom and tim easy to mix up :) tom is abit like that, hes the one that dived in head first after my shark in the brc, at night, down a steap drop off into the murkey shallows with the shark ehhe.

Cowfish13 wrote:

It's a scary feeling going head under to retrieve a lure in salt water

I've done it alot, and I hate every second of it:silly:

Atleast you got out and had some fun:) Did you fish near cement co for very long?

Nah, we probably should have though, it seemed to have the most promising structure.

Good to see you at least had a bit of fun amongst yourselves. It was certainly tough conditions with all the fresh and dirty water. After faulked and I called in on you guys we headed down to the pipeline for a couple of hours. End result : Me 1 catty and one squire (36cm). Faulked pulled in his own anchor a couple of times:P:laugh:

Released the squire after a quick measure. The catty was initially released by faulked with a couple of hooks and wire attached. Ultimately the hooks were released from it with no other wounds:P :(

One funny story -

When the squire initially hit I was fishing with my new Tierra/Ugly setup and it hit on another rod in the holder. In my haste to reselect which rod I should have in hand I went to put (throw) the Tierra/Ugly down. I missed by a long shot and accidentally threw it over the side!!:woohoo: :blush: :pinch: Jason was amused (and no doubt impressed) at the speed I changed plans and retrieved the fast sinking gear before returning to catch the squire.:laugh: :laugh:

who ever is swimming in that pic, is very keen.

I no i would never want to swim in the river, after my experence befor i moved to vic.

I hooked a 25cms bream along the rocks under the story bridge. I actually though it was alot bigger then 25cms from how hard it was going, so i gave it abit of stick. Just when i lifted it out of the water a 4ft bullie trys to smash the bream off the surface right at my feet , and got me all wet:P:P

Archived