Ultralight baitcasting rod wanted

kevinchen19870316

I have a Daiwa Fuego which I still haven't mastered. I got advised to get an expensive baitcaster to learn on as they are better. It is in excellent nick and I just am not using it as much as I had hoped to, thinking about downgrading to a Pflueger Echelon or something similar so I still have a baitcaster.

Retail is $350 you can have mine for $275. It has a reel cover and is currently spooled with 6kg mono, thought it was best to use mono while learning not braid. Recommended for freshwater use only but I was told salt would be ok if you looked after it and washed it down after every session. I have only ever used this in fresh, though.

It has one small scratch on the underside of the reel that is not visible from the top. Do some research and see if this is light enough for you otherwise you will be looking for an alpha, sol or similar.

Thats all right Kev. I am thinking about selling it to fund a new hobie revolution. Not quite ready to sell it yet but I thought I may as well offer, want to take it to lenthalls to chase some barra with it. I definately want to keep using a BC but this thing is too expensive if I drop it over the side of the yak:blink:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i am in search of a ultralight baitcaster. i am open to any offers.

thanks

Kev,

mega bass

F0-60X Elese

Taper: Regular, Lure: 1/16-1/2 oz., Line: 2-12 lbs.

Ive got a catalogue coming from the australian distributer.

Find below reply from Aust distributer.I will get another copy of catalogue for you.

Hi Richard,

Sorry about the delay have been traveling. We do not have one of these new in stock but I have one that was a demo and would say in pretty good condition. It is a limited edition model with Japanese artwork on the butt section. The price of this second hand would be $550. The new model which I can order without a problem is $779. I can send a catalogue with all the rods in it, this is the jap catalogue but the rod information is in English so you can understand. Let me know if you want this catalogue.

cool and
/>http://www.ginrinpeche.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=26_142&products_id=2559&osCsid=68d6710e095c28cfab89feca747a4d4c

i would get it if i had such money now shortie. i am broke at the moment after the megabass order and currently bidding on a heartland-Z 10-20lb BC rod. but that's definitely a sweeeeeeet rod that's exactly what i'm looking for. so thanks heaps shortie.

have a look at that ginrinpeche site, the price there's a good indication of what u'll have to pay for a MB if ur importing from overseas. the elese will be only around 450 shipped BRAND NEW.

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

thanks rayke, loomis don't make any UL baitcaster though

Yes they do

G-Loomis CR841 7' Ultra Light,

Lightweight lure fishing for bass is normally the domain of the thread line reel. Not any longer!

The G-Loomis CR841 7’ Ultra Light rod teamed with a Daiwa Pixy 04 baitcast reel is simply brilliant for this type of fishing. The CR841 is a 1-3kg GL3 rod that allows the use of ultra light lures (1-7 gm) with ease & the Pixy with its magnesium construction and ultra light spool is a perfect combination. The CR841 loads smoothly and is a very accurate casting rod but don’t let the lightness fool you into thinking you have no control over fish. Despite its dainty dimensions this rod has plenty of power in the butt of the rod to help pull good fish away from structure.

Archived