No love at the mud puddle

Crusty

My mate Shaz and I made the rash decision to wet a line at Guyatt Park, St Lucia, last night on account of booze, boredom and insomnia....I was keen to try out Gulp as I've never used it before - i think it was the nuclear chicken flavour (colour?)...

The first few minutes were explosive - Shaz landed a small catty and a minute later had a big run from a thug that bit clean through the leader. Sadly, this only set up the kind of high-and-mighty expectations that can be so brutally dashed on a night out fishing. Scarcely a nibble for the next few hours, though I landed another small cattie just before we left. The closest we came to 'action' was our encounter with a really hot girl who had been abandoned by her two friends, a couple, who were engaged in some kind of marital dispute. The girl went to throw her stiletto at her boyfriend. She missed, and the silly bastard retaliated, missing her and shaving my earlobe on the way to its murky tidal grave. The couple spent the next half hour trying to fish the shoe out of the river, while we talked to their friend, a hot mexican chicka who turned out to be 'Maria'...but I digress...

of course, a night out fishing is always a night well spent, hence the report.

Does the 'big wet' spell the end to more saline fishes in the middle / upper reaches of the river...has anyone had any luck lately?

Cheers

Hahaha good report mate gave me a good laugh.

Did you get the catties and thug all on gulp? Thats still good practice for sure.

I reckon we might see a slight slowing of the saline species. I hope I am wrong though.

Bream should stay around at least. And hopefully the salmon :)

Also i wonder if slightly fresher water would scare the many cod out their holes that ahve been caught all the way up there. Or whether they would tough it out?

Angus

Archived