np.p dam 16.2.08

James W

well i have been fangin to hit some tilapia of late so i went down the dam with some worms this arvo...upon arrival i was gobsmacked on how much the water level has risen since this time last week!..the bank was now grass not mud:( .... but i gave it a go anyway..glad i did too...too bout a hour to get my first bite...a few worms later and i was onto what i thought was a decent tilapia..it was a yella!...i have been floggin this dam for a good 2 weeks with lures and i get one on a dirty old worm!..it went bout 40cm...so i was stoked...a few turtles came in next and were set on their merry way...finally a tilapia..a mere 10cm :blush: then it went quiet...so i started to berly up the shallows with some worms..flicked in the same area and wham!..another yella!..this one was even better...bricked me twice in the grass and it went bout 50cm...another few little tilapia followed...so i didnt get no massive tilapia that i was after but the yellas were a great suprise...and there was this lung fish hanging round eating my berly worms for ages..was pretty cool to be a meter or so just watchin this thing gobble up my worms...alas the camera was at home:( ...ater all the time spent flickin lures for yellas there in the last 2 weeks!...and today the worm did it...murphys law

Archived