GC this afternoon 17-2-08

Mick

yea ok just attacked the point mick hooked a couple smaller bream, the weather played up a bit, nice spot out of the wind there are fish there to catch thats for sure. micks stumbled upon a new bream bait ;) i however didnt manage to catch anything. Brisbane 5 me 0 lol. there was a couple fellas who turned up after we had been there 30 mins or there abouts first cast he landed a jack or something very similar. to my dissapointment i had just been throwing lures, hb, and sp there and didnt get a hit. i think he was using prawn bait maybe? had a good time quite a strong current there caught me by surprise they!! all caught yellow bream lots of, i think thats wat they are called small annoying bait stealers lol. would definatly try there again thats for sure being a little more prepared (larger hooks) big ups to mick great host and a good fisherman.

CHEERS MICK TRUE LEGEND

p.s. im sure he will add his two cents

clayton wrote:

yea ok just attacked the point mick hooked a couple smaller bream, the weather played up a bit, nice spot out of the wind there are fish there to catch thats for sure. micks stumbled upon a new bream bait ;) i however didnt manage to catch anything. Brisbane 5 me 0 lol. there was a couple fellas who turned up after we had been there 30 mins or there abouts first cast he landed a jack or something very similar. to my dissapointment i had just been throwing lures, hb, and sp there and didnt get a hit. i think he was using prawn bait maybe? had a good time quite a strong current there caught me by surprise they!! all caught yellow bream lots of, i think thats wat they are called small annoying bait stealers lol. would definatly try there again thats for sure being a little more prepared (larger hooks) big ups to mick great host and a good fisherman.

CHEERS MICK TRUE LEGEND

p.s. im sure he will add his two cents

Thanks Clayton..

Glad I could help...

My total for the day was 3 bream 2 x 19cm and 1 to 21cm and the hot bait .... EARTH WORMS... I had some left over from a trip to somerset on Sat (lets just say land based at Somerset DON'T BOTHER)

First cast I put the rod down and started rigging my SP rod and bump bump gone...

I re-baited and placed it down again ..bang .. fish on 19cm bream...

We both flicked some plastics with no luck :( Clayton tried a HB and a popper again nothing .... then a guy comes up RIGHT where Clayton was flick, throws in a prawn .. put the rod down in the rocks ... bang instantly pulls a nice... ?? he called it a finger mark ... no a jack... (neither correct) was about 55cm nice looking fish purpley back... not sure the breed...

Clayton and I quickly swapped to some prawns he had .. I got a few butter bream 3 or 4 but Clayton still lucked out ...not your day....

Archived