Kayaking Offshore Sunday 24th

pcsolutionman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24th, damn! On another day if you guys do it a gain i'll head with ya's. Admitly in the boat, i can be the tow team if anyone gets in trouble. Unforutently ill most likely be too hung over to meet up with you guys this sunday!

hopefully you'll guys do it again, then i'll make sure that date is free!

Good luck!

Thanks Bommie. Still not 100% sure, I'll have a think about it tonight/tomoz

The weather forecast is holding steady - plenty of red arrows on seabreeze after 12pm! Which is good news for us (unless you've inverted the colours on the graph).

Waves are holding steady at 1.4-1.5 throughout the day. Might take a bodyboard? haha

Hey Guys,

Having fished these spots a few times myself I can offer some advice if I may. I am not looking to hijack the plan but you may find this useful.

The walk from the carpark to the mouth of the river is a major pain in the ass, over soft sand, so trolleys can be difficult to use.

A closer and easier launch site down a concrete access is on

Oceanic drive opposite Tallawa pl on map 90 k12 in refdex.

This site is also about 1.5 km closer to Raper shoal. I don't know what the beach will be like at the moment with all the erosion.

I have found that seabreeze CAN (not always) be downright inaccurate with forcasts for this spot so i would not rely solely on their report as a decision to go or not, so when I have been I have taken extra rods and a back up plan. Just rock up and have a look, a mate of mine that lives near there told me this morning there was little in the way of surf. The surf launch there will be almost the same as curramundi.

Hope this is helpful

Have a good one

Kind Regards

Alex

Last time I went there we launched fron the Oceanic drive site and we seemed to paddle directly out to the reef, where the time before when we launched at curramundi lake mouth, and the paddle north certainly looked and seemed that far to paddle, I haven't measured it on Google earth, sorry, maybe a bit of a slight over statement:blush:

Best sucess I had was anchoring up with fish on the sounder and setting up a burly trail with 'Big Johns burley pellets' from Big W for about $7 a 2kg bag and a few pillies.

Had a great time on school mackeral

Alex

Just measured it on 'earth' and I was fishing the very northern part of the reef which is 600m form Oceanic drive and 1.5 form curramundi. But you are right in what you say, I just had more northerly marks.

But either way I hope you have a good one

Good luck

Alex

The forecast for tomorrow (wave size wise) is fairly similar to whats forecasted for Sunday.

Looks like we'll be launching in about 1.4m waves, reentry will be 1.8m waves.

I'm definitely taking the bodyboard up, to see if I can sneak a quick bit of wave action in after the fishing.

In other news;

Garmin 300C ARRIVED TODAY! Wooooooooot. So for the next fishing trip I should have a sounder and GPS!

Archived