Kayaking Offshore Sunday 24th

pcsolutionman

The shallowest point you'll find will be about 4-5m on to of raper shoal the average depth around the grearal area you'll be fishing is 8-12m as you get further out toward curramindi reef you will be looking at 18-22m is the deepest I found, but add the high tide to these, you really need a sounder if possible, it is a big area, do any of you have gps?

Alex

edit

Have a look at a couple of surf forcast sites I use. Coastalwatch surfcams, and swellnet

Just had look my self and the forcst looks pretty good, I have been burning the candle at both ends all week so am having a quiet day on sunday

Hope you guys have a good one.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nodds went and had a look at the 2 launch spots today, we are going to stick with launching from th southern side of the lake, so meeting up at 6am at the car park at the mouth on the southern side of the lake

heres a few pics form this afternoon curtesy of nodds

concrete path walkway

[img size=499]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/pcsolutionman/imgp2694-web.jpg

then a short walk over sand

[img size=499]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/pcsolutionman/imgp2695-web.jpg

then launch through this

[img size=499]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/pcsolutionman/imgp2698-web.jpg

Lee

Crikey mate, she's a bit big (the surf)

Even in the first pic, there's what looks to be a noticeable rip? Looks like a very clean cut channel through to the open ocean there.

I was thinking the lake would probably be best, guaranteed rip heading out there which should provide some calm water.

Even still, that looks flat as mate

Edit:

Yeah, wind picked up late this arvo, dropped the temps down 10 degrees at the GC! or so I heard. The forecast for tomorrow is still only 15 knots at 6am, dropping as the day goes on.

Cricket was bloody hot, had to open the bowling in 40 degree heat, it sucked the big one.

Anyway, time to get the anchor system ready and put the yak on the roof!

Well I won't be joining you tomorrow due to doctors orders:(

I hope you blokes going out tomorrow get dragged all over the ocean by bloody huge fish ( sharks for Terry:lol: )

If the weather holds for you it should be a fantastic day, if it turns to crap though you can chase some jacks and trevs in the lake rite in front of the car park:)

Hope all goes well and you clean up on the fish front

Good luck

cheers noddsB)

G,day Faulked:)

Nah mate the doctors orders wern't about the narcolepsy, it's about shingles of all bloody things:blink:

I thought I was bitten by a spider after Lee and I spent Sunday arvo waist deep in swamps chasing tarpon ( which we found:P )

because I found a big blistered patch on my shoulder that looked like a bite or burn. So off to the docs I went only to find out it was shingles. He gave me some tablets and told me no physical

stress:S hence no 12km-14km peddle off shore:angry: :angry:

After talking to Lee this morning after his premature return home I don't feel quite as bad for missing out (that is until one of the others puts up a post telling how they caught the biggest fish they ever seen:woohoo: )

Anyway I hope the other boys out there get into a few today and get through the landing ok

CHEERS NODDS:lol:

Archived