boggy creek sun 24th

clayton

hey guys my mate went to boggy creek today on low tide ,LOL he did however catch a fairly large catfish and had some big strikes (not to sure wat they were) im looking to head down there on sunday work permitting. just looking to see if anyone is interested in showing me the ropes of how to fish there and wat to use. cheers

Nossman wrote:

Just one other question...What am i likely to catch there? Any chance of bullies there?

Extremely good chance of Bullies and other Whalers in there. We've got heaps of fish, bite offs and biten through livies there before. I'm not too sure how it will be fishing at the moment though with this rain. I'm only newish to sharking:)

Mate that's a good call with the weather the way it is. Close to the bay so if one gets itchy feet and wants to try the coffee pots, protected enought to take a yak. Yeap I might just tag along.

As to what can you catch there this might give you a hint. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PC090012_AFO.jpg

post-118-144598444648_thumb.jpg

Yeah went for a look , but forgot the aeroguard (of course) so didn't stay long. Lost something big after 10 minutes of fighting,i cracked it with the mossies and left, but will be back there again. Just a note also,if i was in the right place , all the open area beside the road (where you could easily park right next to the water) has been fenced off . So only acccess is basically right at the boat ramp .

Archived