Paradise Point again.

shortie

Dan23 wrote:

on that nugget website he reckons that is the best land based spot around.

that is on the money and also by boat i fish there at least every 2 weeks

it is best for jacks on the point on low tide but you can stll get them on a run in

were the green roofed house on the corner is there is a sunken jetty there give that a go

all good now fellas!!!;)

i will be a little late! approx 6pm!

john is picking me the car and the boat up at 5!

and our mate tony will drive his car and boat there!

so our two boats will be at paridise point ramp at approx 6pm!

ps: we should make it a small comp ? throw in 10 bucks ea and the kitty goes to the biggest fish or moast fish caught?

i feel like doing a little ass kicking!:P lol

well im off to load my rumrunner!

see you guys there!

cheers Ian.

There are just some days that just after you leave home you say to yourself i should stay in bed.

The boat was loaded and conected to the car and i was off ready to hammer some JAcks. I drove 3 streets from home and took out the canopy of the boat on an overhanging tree. Bloody council. They will be getting a letter and an invoice for the repair of the canopy. What a great start to the trip.

Half way to Malcolms work to pick him up and i realised, i forgot to put the buorbon in. Shit, whats an allnighter without some liquid refreshment. No probs, we will find a bottleo.

Picked Mal up, found a bottleo. Not often you see a car with a 5.5 metre boat drive through the bottle shop.

WE get to the ramp launch the boat just as David and Karl arrive. WE help change the spark plugs in Davids Boat and he pulls the starter. In his hand is the handle and the starting rope in coiled up into the motor. Ok, no tools to fix this. Manage to uncoil the rope connect the handle. He now had only less than half a revolution of pull to start the thing. Bingo it works, just.

Get the cast net out to get some livies. Finally things starting to go okay. The cast net has no wrist rope. we will not be throwing that net. Luckilly Davids got his. about 20 casts later and a bourbon each heaps over live mullet in the live well. OOps the switch on the live well tank died. Nofresh water or air for the livies.

Went and flicked some plastics around whilst it was still daylight.

ME: 1 Grassy Sweetlip

Malcolm: 1 small squire.

David: 1 legal flattie, 1 small squire.

Karl: 0

I got bricked 2ce by something. Was almost instant, rod went thump thump, line snapped. Bloody Jacks. Bloody 4il braid, Bloody me should of known better.

IT was after dark, we metup with Rumrunner and the lads. Pretty much went in different directions after our chat.

We decided to troll some hardbodies past the Jetties and try our luck.

Mal and Richards total: 0

David: 77cm Flattie. Big Jack over 50cm will have official size today. As this was in the other boat i have no pics. Hopefully he will get them to me today.

Karl: 0

We then drowned a live bait and had some dinner. Nothing not a nibble. Bugger this time to troll again.

I got a big hit on a rgm scorpion and i pull the hook. It was now after midnight, Mal and I had had enough so went home.

The other guys stayed. I guess davids fish gave them enough encouragment to stay.

Last weekend David didnt get a single fish in the boat. LAst night he got some thumpers and nobody else got anything. Thats fishing.

Archived