Broken Egrell.

rayke1938

I have a confession to make.

On our Lenthalls trip Graham Pflaum brought along his brand new $470 egrell bear and guess who broke it?

I am still too ashamed to tell how.

Anyhow Graham took it back to Duncan at Fishhead at Viccy point and explained what had happened and Duncan said wait a minute and rang up Eric Grell and explained what had happened and Eric gave ok for Duncan to replace it so Graham walked out with a brand new replacement.

Great service from Eric Grell and Duncan with no questions asked and the usual excuse that it has to be sent back and evalueated.

You do not get that type of service from the big chains so it may be worth paying an extra couple of bucks to deal with the local guys.

Phew at last i have stopped sweating blood and passing razor blades.

Cheers

Ray

I have 2 of Eric's rods, an Egrell S10 and a Bear S4. There was a small issue with 1 guide on the S10. Eric paid for a courier to pick it up, take it to him and courier it back from Hervey Bay. All this took 2 days, he replaced all 4 top guides. he is a true gentleman and stands by his product. I only wish there were more people with his work ethic in the fishing/boating community

Captain Stabin wrote:

Mack_attack wrote:
Captain Stabin wrote:
I have 2 of Eric's rods, an Egrell S10 and a Bear S4.

My exact two dream rods!

Shhh there are Mega Bass people listening

IMO the S4 is hard to beat as a soft plastics rod for inshore use

Megabass = mic - made in china - slave labour - $2 hr wages

Egrell = made in australia - top workers - actual service as shown in this thread, I've heard it time and time again and my next rod will be the bear s-10.

Fishin_lingo wrote:

Captain Stabin wrote:
Mack_attack wrote:
Captain Stabin wrote:
I have 2 of Eric's rods, an Egrell S10 and a Bear S4.

My exact two dream rods!

Shhh there are Mega Bass people listening

IMO the S4 is hard to beat as a soft plastics rod for inshore use

Megabass = mic - made in china - slave labour - $2 hr wages

Egrell = made in australia - top workers - actual service as shown in this thread, I've heard it time and time again and my next rod will be the bear s-10.

this is going abit too far isnt it mate....... dont get me wrong, i love Australia to bits, and i cant wait to be back, but slave labour etc etc? you could be held accountable for that comment mate. Moderators and admin take note.

How do you know MB is made in China? how can you prove that? do get your facts correct before making any slanderous or VERY misleading comments. I'm not from China, but this country of origin slagfest is getting on my nerves. Noone ever said Aussie products suck. I love my Halcos mate! my Predateks too!

Archived