The Second Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition

terminaltackle

Thanks for the welcome, I am not the biggest poster in the place. As far as the challenge is concerned, how many people entered last year and how many people are you expecting this year? I have let a few mates know about the challenge and they are keen, so it looks like about 3 teams of 3 so far.

While Iam here does each team have to have a member of this website on it?

Brett

For registration a member would help. As once the registration is opens it will be done online. All members will get an email anyway so stay tuned.

Last Classic there was 24 teams of 2 -3 people. More than we thought, but we have quite a few members now so we shall see how we go.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

The Entry Form for the classic will be put up on the site on Wednesday 18th October 2006. Entries may be received any time after this date.

A new section on the site has been made which is home to the Classic. Here information regarding the event will be posted. You can find it at: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/brisbaneriverclassic

** Please note, do not pay until you have mailed your entry form **

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/10/17 14:41

Read www.australianfishing.com.au/brisbaneriverclassic

Registration for this event can be done by completing the Entry Form and returning it to: PO Box 854 Paddington Qld 4066. Payment can be made by Cheque, Bank Transfer or online below through Paypal for credit cards and paypal accounts

but this is outlined on entry form. so maybe just wait til tomorrow and hopefully that will answer all your questions.:P

OK,

You've got some great graphics on the individual prize notices, but what about something about A4 in size, like a poster, that promotes the Classic that we can put on notice boards at work, forward via email, ask local shopping centres to put on notice boards, ask local tackle shops to put in their windows etc etc.

Ok this is going up on the notice board at work until you come up with something better! (Pushy bugger aren't I?) but we gotta get it out, its only a month away, so want as much exposure for the comp (and the sponsor) as we can get, There are at least other fisho's at work I am trying to get to sign up.

Of Course I wont put anything around town unless it is an officially approved flyer! But believe me working for Main Roads, as soon as you put out an official flyer, I can get something around half a dozen worksites around town (a few hundred people) quick, so I think an official flyer would be worthwhile! [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/web_site_example.jpg

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/10/30 18:51

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/10/30 18:58

post-134-144598402226_thumb.jpg

Well I have put the word around at work, and at a couple of the asphalt companies, sounds like I might have about 10 blokes interested, hopefully more! Another bloke is crying in his lunch box, because he ordered a new boat and motor at the boat show, and this was going to be his maiden event, but the lousy boat yard rang him yesterday and said he would not get his setup now until the 4th December! (I reckon myself I would be cancelling the order and going elsewhere). I told him not to worry, he could trot down to Comslie and keep Angus company.

He just whinged more!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/11/02 06:02

thanks brian,

feel free to promote the event any way you can.

im super busy until the 13 nov, but after this time i will design up some a4 posters to throw up quickly in a few places even though it will be pretty late. but better late than never.

Promotional idea.

Ok, what I normally do for the car club is put a notice in the local papers \"community Event\" section. I cant (or dont want to) do it for the classic, as I already do it for one organisation, and they might think I am some sort of proffessional promoter! :blush:

So here is the link

/>http://www.questnews.com.au/forms/diary_event.html

You just fill in the details, and list which Quest papers it is relevant to (there is a list on the RHS of Quests home page). I have sent the car club ones for November 19th in today, usually a fortnights notice is enough.

thats great!!

next week i will put up the full list of prizes for the BRC and images of BRC clothing available for sale at the comp.

There are lots of great prizes including rods, reels, lures, trips, tackleboxes etc so keep spreading the word everyone.

Archived