Wello Point Yakker and Boaters 16th and 23rd March

Angus

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angus wrote:

Hmmm so a victm to the w(h)ip hey :P

Just to reiterate guys, ill be there sun, hail or snow. But if it is truly distasterous, Ill be heading arounf the conrner to tingalpa creek to chase flatties and school jew.

I just thought id throw that out as it may effect what else you take in your tackle box.

Angus

haha sorry just had to do it angus :P:lol: :lol:

Yeah if you drive to the end of the point, you literally cant miss it.

The find the best patches of reef, paddle out through the marker bouys and turn left or right. If you stay paralell the shore on that mark you will get fish.

My other faveourite tactic for yakker s to paddle into the shore until the bottom is visible, the drift off the shallows into the deep water until you start getting bites or a fish. Then repeat.

This is what has accounted for all the fish I have yak caught there.

Angus

No problem:)

We have actually had success with big Bream just floating small baits down with no sinker at all:) It might be a biggish paddle, but there is a big black beacon a fair way off to the left of the channel mouth and that has a lot of big Bream hanging around usually. It is fairly deep there, but there is next to no current so most jighead weights will work fine:)

Good luck guys. Hopefully this will be a good report. Havn't heard much from the bay for a while, that I can remember:dry:

hey guys, ill be there about 445 to 500. i want to be on the water pretty early. For those who dont know me, ill be driving a black holden with the afo sticker on the back. Also ill be in my boat, an Aussie whaler, so say hi if ya see me. Looking forward to it. Havent taken the boat out in ages.

Ill be using both lures and bait, and Ausboy (george) will probaby just bait up.

Ive got some SP,s that i reckon should do well around the reefs there.

See ya all tomorrow,

Ash

Archived