The one that got away

Cowfish13

I'd just like to here hear about everyone's \"Big One\" that got away

Mine was a time out in the bay. I had a legal Snapper40-50cm. Our family has never got a legal snapper so we were all really happy seeing it fighting. But, as it was 2m from the boat, a Mackeral came out and bit through the sinker, or swivel (i was using a running sinker rig) because they were shiny. Damn thing bit throug the main line as well. The worst time of my life.

the one that got away hey?...well i got hundreds of these which isnt somthing to be proud of..but heres the one thast hurts the most......

fishing for mackeral at the four becons and wasnt much going on...got a couple of slimys on a bait jig and took em ou to the coffe rock drop off and drifted them round for a while and still no action.....my sister was winding in and she let out scream...i lokkws over the side and there was 4 massive cobia trailing her bait on the way up...in a flash i pinned one of the slimys and flung it to these cobes.......i was on and i let this fish take the bait foe a cuple of meters and then struck.....this thing headed to straddie and we had to give chase...now i was only using 8kg and we chased this beast for at least 30 minutes...every time we got line it just peeled away....i had never caught a cobia b4 this day so i was shking like mad in the thought of landing this beast.....so 30 mins in to the fight PING!!!!!!....i just sat down....had drink....muttered a few unsavoury words.....and proceded to sulk for the rest of the day....so the score between me and cobia are now cobia-1 james -0

the one that got away and left me crying and sore!:angry:

I'll tell this story on behalf of my dad. one night he was fishing at noosa and he was getting heaps of trevally. he was fishing 2 rods so he put one on the ground and forgot to undo the drag. a couple of minutes later splash the rod was gone. My dad was pretty peeved off especially when i told his my aunties and uncles (his bros and sisters) about the rod. I guess in this story his rod was the one that got away.

DAVE

Na never lost a fish :P

As Jimmybob said i have plenty of these stories. But ill two recent ones that are more relevant.

Firstly my second Trip to Bretts. I had hooked with what was called and certainly had all the characteristics of a Salmon. Although the fight went for a while this fish always had the upper hand. It took at least 100 feet of line out (without exagerating) and was far far down river when a pilon decided to play its hand. Sad. Still havnt seen one of these great fish caught on a rod!!! But im working on it :)

Second, my second trip to Nudgee Creek. 3'' Powerbait went screaming off and three seconds later. \"Ping\". Snapped me off. This fish ran right for the snags and had all the characterristics of either a Cod or a Jack. Needless to say either of these fish would have been much appreciated regardless of the size!! Would have just been a good SP catch. Oh well, he is still there for another day :evil:

So yeah there are my stories.

I think there is nothing wrong with losing fish though. You usually just learn something each time you do anyway.

Angus

Archived