Albert am session Hinze arvo session 28/2

Aaron H

Well its been an interesting weeks holiday to say the least so far, after going to Hinze with Rod last Friday hit it on the Saturday and got another 10 on the troll with a mate. I then packed and left for my week long camping trip to Somerset on the Sunday. With the weather abysmal and the fishing absolutely atrocious (1 yella 45cm on the first trolling run and nothing after) I got the shits and came home on Wednesday.

Decided this morning to give Hinze a go and left at 4 am for a sunrise start. Got to the bp at Yatala and the wheel bearing on the boat trailer goes bang quite spectacularly making a real mess of the hub. I limp it back home and it was to early to go to trailerworld I decided to head down to Brians stomping ground for a relaxing hours bank session.

I know the lure purists wont like this but I had an absolute ball catching bass one after another on floated shrimp. I have always liked float fishing ever since I was kid using mudeyes for Brown and Rainbow trout on the lakes around Kyneton, it is quite tranquil watching the float bobbing in the current and then all hell breaking lose when it disappears:laugh: I lost count of how many I caught there this morning with numbers making up for lack of size and putting a smile on quite a disillusioned dial.

After getting the trailer bearings done I decided an arvo bash at the hinze was called for as I was craving something a bit bigger than the albert tiddlers. I reached the hinze after 2:30 and started trolling a G vibe on my rod and a pink boomerang for the missus. I reckon there was action every hundred metres or so with 12 boated and the majority being in the 30-35 cm bracket with the biggest going 40 cm. Again we tried shrimp (only so I could change lures) without a hit so we kept trolling. The fish seem to be quite high in the water column on the sounder so that may equate to the lack of action on bait. I think I am starting to become a big fan of this trolling stuff as it allows you to see quite a bit of the dam. Also saw a spectacular site with one of the resident eagles swooping down and grabbing a 3-4 ft snake in its tallons and taking it to a nearby branch.

Hope the reports not to long guys but it turned out to be a pretty good day after a crappy beginning:)

[img size=495]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/28022008.jpg

post-266-1445984456_thumb.jpg

ellicat wrote:

Coolmunda's about 50M from the short track road apparently ;)

But looks like Hinze is providing well for you - when you're on a good thing....

Good luck tomorrow. If you bump into Ray, remember to keep your rod away from him:laugh:

Yeah mate if I had of known earlier in the week Somerset wasn't going to be any good would of gone there, getting a bit close to the weekend now and I don't get along with skiers:laugh:

Archived