abt bass electric hinze 2/3/08

Plastic Man

Well stu and i just got back from our first bass electric at hinze and i can say we had a blast:laugh: 67 fisherman and 40 boats fished from 530am to 1130am all up we boated 10 bass was a little harder fishing then last time we were there with 20 knot winds but we made do i ended up finishing 6th with a bag of 2 bass at 2.08kg and stu also hit the top 10 with 1.97 from his two bass so you can say we are pretty happy:) to get two top 10 places in our first electric comp i was little down that i missed the prizes and entry to bass electric final by one place 2 bloody grams :angry: oh well there always next time i think stu and myself are going to fish all the bass electrics this year if all goes to plan

Me with my bag of 2.08kg sorry about the pic water on camera [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/hinze_electic.jpg

post-1029-14459844571_thumb.jpg

Just a plastic clamp to the mouth and it does not seem to bother the bass helps to keep a track of each others bass and say number 1 was my smallest, easy to grab it out and replace it with an upgrade. Those ones where the x series used for bream but I would not like to fit those clamps in a small breams mouth to big I think. I have seen some with string and a float but I think the string would get tangled and pull out of there mouths we also took digi scales to help.

Yeah was bit of a treck ray but all in all the congestion was handled well by everyone,the bass were mainly caught on the edges or just out from the points in 20ft of water where there was weed/grass coming up about 5ft from the botttom

Archived