Bli Bli Barra Comp: reports

Rocket75

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

username_taken wrote:

I got 2 fish, which also by my count were the first of the day and last of the day. Both were on pellets, the big one went 73cm and got my into third place. Caught on 6lb fireline, 6lb leader was an awesome fight, with a bit of aerial acrobatics.

DSC03387.JPG

got a pic of this one jumpin mate but will have to post it tomorrow as i just got home a little while ago. I also caught 5 fish today as well. 4 on pellets and one on a spinner. I didn't have a brag mat but the best was about 57-60cm approx. will post pics tomorrow arvo.

brett.

Team old furts arrived 1200 and promptly grabbed 2 chairs and set up camp behind a screen so we could be sheltered from wind.

We cast out a couple of live shrimp and also fished with pellets. We sat thare until 3pm watching a group just next to us catch 12 barra on pellets while we didnt get a touch.

When they left we promptly moved down and grabbed their spot. First cast I was on and over the next 3 hours we caught 4 barra between us and had a few bust offs all being leader cut on gill rakers.

Had a very enjoyable day and really pleased to see all the young anglers and family groups who turned up. Just goes to show that it is not an old fogies sport.

Thank you very much to all the people who worked so hard to make it such a great day.

Cheers Ray

first fish of the day. Certainly stands out on truth mat

P1010863AFO-2.jpg

Grandson with fish

P1010866AFO-1.jpg

Another one

P1010869AFO-1.jpg

Well first got there at 12 fished lures for about an hour then switched th pellots after no fish. Got a few fish hit the pellots but no hook ups. Then moved to the big boys pond fished there untill around 3 then we moved to the barra creek for some fun. I got the first fish then the second but being a nice person gave it to neil to fight. Then we had a hot bite untill the end.

Final tally

Me around 10 barra ranging from 41cm to 66cm

Neil 3 barra all in the 40's

David 3 barra and alot of bust offs on the gills

Jay 4 barra from 41cm to low 50's and an 35cmish bream [img size=300]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/barra_big.jpg

post-1303-144598445874_thumb.jpg

Archived