Yakking: Stanley River, Saturday 15th March

Terry H

Just an update (old post is in quotes):

I will be hitting up the Stanley River - will be aiming to get there for 5am.

Species on offer are bass, yellas and cod! Exact launch location will be decided after Tuesday when I give it a bit of a prefish:)

All Yakkers are welcome to come along. I would say boats as well, but I'm not sure about them in the reaches I want to fish. It would depend on the water level. I know somerset is waaaay up from when I was last at the stanley, so a lot of the dead trees that were way above water could be in the water now meaning a boat is ok. However, when I was last there the main river bed was rather narrow with a million sticks making boat travel somewhat impossible. Again, I will know more about this after Tuesday:)

When I was there, it looked like seriously good country for yellas and cod. I think the reports speak for themselves:)

Old post:

Anyone yaking anywhere next sat?

I'm definitely itching for a fish. As much as I'd like to go paddle with the sharks out off bribie and see if those tuna are around yet, seabreeze is saying its going to blow a gale so that will be no fun

So I'm thinking freshwater.

Upper Brissy,

Stanley,

Somerset?

Maroon??

I'm all for ideas and just wondering if anyone else has plans and doesn't mind another yakker tagging along.

*blacked out* creek? Or we could head to *blacked out* apparantly its going of at the moment using *blacked out* for bait with a *blacked out* method.

hhahahaha.

JK

I could be swayed work pending.

I reckon Stanley guys!!!

Bass, yellas and cod!!

The inflow must have eased by now.

Angus

G'day Terry, i'm keen depending on the time frame and location, can't leave before 7am and need to be back at 4pm as I am on call for work. Happy to travel to meet up with you guys, but would prefer not too far just for this weekend. Let me know, i'm just happy to go with the masses.

Warmest Regards

Al:woohoo:

Damn! Another yak event i have to miss out on! Ive got family stuff again in the morning then a st patty's party in the arvo!

One day the planets will align themselves and i will get to go yaking with you guys. Hope to see a good stanly report!

good luck:)

I'm hitting up Stanley on Tues 11th with Lee.

Current plans are Stanley 15th as well. Although, I will discuss Saturdays plans with Lee. Sorry to throw you out guys :S Latest reports show that Saturday looks good for yaking the bay. I guess it will depend on how we go tomorrow :woohoo:

Sunday 23rd is offshore up near noosa.

Hey I am keen for all of the above except Tuesday (crappy job).

Maroon is not far, I was there on the weekend and it looks great.

Sommerset sound to hard but I will give it a go.

The Stanley sounds cool but I am thinking it will be like a rapid run rather then a nice paddle.

So please keep me in touch and I be there for sure.

Now seeing the wife will be away - what about Sunday too?

BTW I have found a way to tow yaks around with the cruise craft so if it's a big dam I'll race you to the spot.:P

Brian, for me personally:

Saturday 15: Stanley (maybe Bribie - Tues will decide I think, no point going on Sat to stanley if it looks crap on Tuesday) but at this stage its looking like Stanley

Sunday 16: Out There Charters

Easter

Friday 21: Not sure

Saturday 22: Not sure

Sunday 23: Offshore near Noosa

Monday 24: Not sure

As for the tow: you miss out on trolling all the way there:p

I'm in for Saturday just let me know where and when, I'm out for the 23rd though, I'm off to Coffs Harbour with KFDU guys to chase some Jewy's, and if it blows up I'll get stuck into the freshies in the Orara River, would be terrible to see the majestic Eastern Cod AGAIN :woohoo:

Have fun

Al

Brian: I was speaking to Lee today, he reckons we should hold off until a little later in the week - see how the forecast holds up for Bribie. I'd rather head out into the bay and hope to god that some Tuna have showed up. Yes, I want to be the first one holding a tuna and say "Tuna have arrived!" hahaha :laugh: :P

I'm not sure Brian. I'd like to go somewhere that I feel more confident in getting a fish:P Hopefully I should have my new rod and reel by then too :woohoo:

Heh Brian, I rang Terry today when he a Lee were still fishin, they were blaming each other on the water for not having any fish.:woohoo: anyway enough of that, so where are we fishin Saturday fellas??, and who's up for a prefish Friday? as I have an RDO:P :P

Regards

Al

Friday I'm working

Sat I'm definitely yaking. As far as I know Lee is definitely keen for a yak. Biggles and Brian are you both interested? I'm sure between us 4 we could figure out somewhere:P I personally would rather try somewhere else other than stanley.

I wonder what Lee thinks?

I'm just being lazy Terry, you young fellas pick the spot and us old farts will show up for the ride.:woohoo: If you're interested a fw guys from AKFF are having a bit of get together at 6pm tomorrow night at the Kawana Hotel. I'll have my mobile on all day tomorrow if you need to chat.

See ya

Al

Yeah I'm keen but like TH says not so for the Stanley until it starts to behave itself.

Biggles where's the Kawana Hotel? I can't make it anyway as I am dropping wife at the airport but can you keep us informed to the outcome.;)

Seabreeze says about 20 knots again so I'll give the bay a miss unless things change.

I am starting to think Bream but here's my full thought range.

NP River from the road at NP or

Maroon Dam or

GC Canels for a cod or

Main Beach jetties (then I can do some work afterwards).

Just a few options, what have you guys got?

Hi guys, I know this is short notice but the AKFF yakkers are trying to have a bit of a get together tonight at the Kawana Hotel, starting at 6pm. It's situated on Nikilin Way near Red Rooster and Dan Murphy's Bottle Shop, the nearest cross street is Point Cartwright Drive, that should put you in the spot. I am going to support yakkers from the North Coast area and to meet a couple of new people over a beer. The misses is coming to, well I do need a driver you know:woohoo: . Hope some of you guys are able to come at short notice, will let you know how things go.

Regards

Al

0437 470 832

Archived