Upper Brissy River

efc

Had a quick fish at Colleges Crossing yesterday. Nothing much doing out there regarding fish but still a great day ands good to see some rain around.

First pic is of a storm front just before it hit us
/>http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i55/efc01/IMAG00051.jpg

Small shark my mate managed to land (only one for the day)
/>http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i55/efc01/IMAG0005.jpg

and a ripper mullet released to keep the future bait supply healthy
/>http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i55/efc01/IMAG0014.jpg

Post edited by: efc, at: 2006/09/29 19:52

:: Post edited by Administrator: Pictures exceed size limitations (500x500) ::

I kept the links there so you guys can check them out.

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/09/30 18:47

you know that sign there at collegeus saying beware of dangerous fish...ones a shark and the other is a what...i couldnt work it out cus i couldnt imagine that would be at collegeus...

and efc what were you using as bait becuase last time i went out there they were about the same conditions and i was using prawns and mullet and couldnt get a thing???

Cheers Cameron

Gerty_92 wrote:

you know that sign there at collegeus saying beware of dangerous fish...ones a shark and the other is a what...i couldnt work it out cus i couldnt imagine that would be at collegeus...

and efc what were you using as bait becuase last time i went out there they were about the same conditions and i was using prawns and mullet and couldnt get a thing???

Cheers Cameron

The \"other\" is a bull rout. They are highly venomous; treat them like stonefish.

efc! Top stuff on the shark, even if your mate did get him;) He looks like a good size too.

I assume you got him on a live mullet?

It would have been funny to see you pull a shark in between the swimmers!!:S :silly: :pinch:

we use mullet for bait, the bigger the better (normally around 30cm).

We use light line so this guy put up a huge fight.

And yes there are millions of bullrout out there, if you have ever been pricked by one you would never step foot in that water, I know I don't.

I hear you on the light line mate. All my sharks were caught on 15 pound, and although they hit hard, they really don't give a huge account for their size. If I hooked a catfish that big...

What breaking strain line do you boys use??? I reckon 4 pound would be a good challenge, but handling big baits would be a bit tricky

:blink:

yeah bummer, waste of good bait!

I reckon if I even get that yak I'm dreaming of (and I'm the master of procrastination) then the 4 pound would be less of an issue (no need to cast!), mind you I would'nt be very keen on pulling a couple foot of shark into the yak with me...:unsure:

Archived