2008 First Annual AFO Kayak Camp/Comp @ Hinze Dam.

Angus

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bretto wrote:

STU wrote:
I'm there

onya stu. look forward to seeing you win that yak:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bretto you caught the biggest bass I have seen from Hinze this year so you never know :)

Steves group got 5 toga today by the way!

Angus

Angus wrote:

bretto wrote:
STU wrote:
I'm there

onya stu. look forward to seeing you win that yak:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bretto you caught the biggest bass I have seen from Hinze this year so you never know :)

Steves group got 5 toga today by the way!

Angus

Saw three toga cruising yesterday as well but no luck unfortunately. It is anyones game. The dam is fishing really well at the moment so I think with the numbers we have we might see a few of the elusive 50+ hinze bass. I hope........

Argh Jeff. Dont even mention that.

Na we should be sweet.

Even if the Dam turned over, we are going to be right up the arms which tend to be less effected.

I plan on trolling some decent size lures as well to try and pick up a good yella!

Bring it on!

Angus

Hi angus was going to purchase a yak any day now but am waiting to look @ the hobies @ the Tinnie & Tackle show. I don't like the pressure of comps in fact i hate them but would love to get out there and meet you guys especially since i will soon be a fellow fulltime yakka. Is there anyway if i do purchase a hobie that i could just come along for fun and advice for a smaller entry fee.:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Mate the entry fee in no way whatsoever cover the "Competition" part of it. The fee is only for food, permits etc.

Mate you can ask any of the other guys that have previously attended a AFO "Comp" at Hinze. Its very very laid back and if someone happens to catch a big fish awesome.

We spend a good ammount of time having a beer and yarn mate. I would call it more of a social than a comp, with the added benefit of maybe winning something :P

By all means if you get the Yak come along.

Just let me know at least a couple of weeks out so we can cater effectively.

Angus

jinxed79 wrote:

Thanks angus your a champ i'll have to step up a level on my yak research but if all goes well i'll definately be in:woohoo:

If you dont have one and still want to come, let me know as soon as you can and ill reserve one of the few reamaining spares.

Angus

Guys more good news for the event.

Rob Searing has put together several packs of Strike King and Damiki Lures as prizes as well.

In the spirit of keeping this comp social and fun, there will be prizes for categories such as "Smallest Fish", "Most Humerous Moment" etc. These are just examples of possible categories but you get the idea :)

Angus

Archived