2008 First Annual AFO Kayak Camp/Comp @ Hinze Dam.

Angus

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahaha. Fisheyman dont worry its not as rowdy as it seems.

Although everyone talks big, you be amazed after a full days paddling in the sun, how low the old alcohol constitution gets :P

Its usually one or two by the fire and everone is nodding off. After a sing along of course.

On that note... Can anyone play the Banjo? :P

Angus

Angus wrote:

Although everyone talks big, you be amazed after a full days paddling in the sun, how low the old alcohol constitution gets :P

Its usually one or two by the fire and everone is nodding off. After a sing along of course.

i'm sure some on this site (possibly me included) may see this as a challenge. ;) :laugh: B)

and fishyman, i would be stoked if i could drink coke! i can't have caffiene at all so my bourbon just doesn't taste the same these days... :unsure:

Angus wrote:

On that note... Can anyone play the Banjo? :P

Angus

I wish.

Did I miss the sing along at the winter camp? We were too busy stoping around, dodging fishable water in the search of fishable water, whilst climbing over old broken down bridges.

What's the moon doing? I'm pretty damn keen for a midnight fish:P

What's for breaky? nothing better than bacon and eggs after a few bourbons or scotch the night before ;)

Angus wrote:

Guys more good news for the event.

Rob Searing has put together several packs of Strike King and Damiki Lures as prizes as well.

In the spirit of keeping this comp social and fun, there will be prizes for categories such as "Smallest Fish", "Most Humerous Moment" etc. These are just examples of possible categories but you get the idea :)

Angus

Further to this, 9 Parcels of lures have been assembled for additonal prizes. These are top qaulity stuff from the Strike King and Damiki ranges :)

Angus

Fearing a ridaculing I'll still ask, Is anyone who's going taking their wife/partner? The reason I ask is I just bought today a Hobie Mirage Outfitter(2 seater) which I won't have a chance to collect till the 1st weekend in May having a few things added to it and I want a certain colour and I have to go back to work for a couple of weeks. So it looks like the it's maiden voyage providing all going well(getting the weekend off work) would be the camp. I don't know how the wife would react if she wasn't with me to wet it.

Cheers

Beefa

Beefa wrote:

Fearing a ridaculing I'll still ask, Is anyone who's going taking their wife/partner? The reason I ask is I just bought today a Hobie Mirage Outfitter(2 seater) which I won't have a chance to collect till the 1st weekend in May having a few things added to it and I want a certain colour and I have to go back to work for a couple of weeks. So it looks like the it's maiden voyage providing all going well(getting the weekend off work) would be the camp. I don't know how the wife would react if she wasn't with me to wet it.

Cheers

Beefa

Beefa at the moment there is a distinct lack of partners. Only one registered so far.

However I would certainly encourage it.

On another note, the Winter Camp in July attracts a lot more partners. In fact this year it looks like it will be a nealry 50/50 ratio.

Angus

My partner wont be able to make the kayak camp but she is keen as mustard on getting out there for the winter camp. Both should be excellent outings for sure. 33 more sleeps :P Can't wait. I am heading out on the dam again tonight so i will post a report later if all goes well.

Good luck Bretto.

Yeah my wife is looking very forward to the winter camp. Along with about half a dozen of her friends! Shuld be a big one this year. I will post an official thread and sign up details once everything has been finalised.

Angus

Archived