logan river

beggo

hiya guys im comming over to your lovely country in may my daughter has just bought a house in Bethania looking at he map it shows the river logan about 2 mins walk from her house just wondering if its any good for fishing and what could i expect to catch from it ...thank you all...beggo:)

although its not a 2 min walk, your best bet would probably be to take a drive down to coomera river, should be like 10 - 15 mins drive. theres a nice platform set up for fishing under the highway bridge and you can do alright with bream, flathead and whiting under there.

much better location than the logan.

thanks fellas im comming over from the UK end of may my son who is 7 loves to fish and my grandson who lives in brisbane is just going to start when i get over there so could do with some nice easy fishing to get them up and running have some questions if thats ok guys

1.what sort of fishing gear would i need[i.e coarse fishing gear or heavier like my carp fishing gear my rods are 3 lb test curve and reels are spooled up with 12lb b/s line]

2.is there plenty of tackle shops in the area

3.what sort of bait would i need to fish the river

4.any body fancy a day out to show us the ropes

thanks fellas ......beggo

If you know where to go mate you can catch some alright fish. I know that last time mack attack was there he was fishing a ledge next to a rock cliff face and every drop they were getting massive hits on heavy gear. Could have been big Jew or something.

Beggo, coming from your part of the world you would recognise Carp..I caught this one and a few bigger and fatter like it, in the Logan a couple of weeks ago. FYI - strict rules apply here and they must not be returned to the water.

Beggo: Mate also check out the "Going Fishing" and "Fishing Events" section when you come over. There is often stuff on and we always welcome new comers. Best way to learn is to fish with people in the know.

Enem: Id say the photo needs to be resized mate :) Would love to see it though.

Angus

cheers Angus i will do that mate thanks Enem i very intrested in carp fishing infact its all i fish for here in the UK was intrested to read your not allowed to put them back there dont know if i would fish for them in ozz though i couldnt bring myself to kill them if i wasnt going to eat them but i understand they are quite a pest in ozz

Beggo, i think i have the photo resized and uploads with this message, still dont know how to do more than one photos as i have a couple. I know it doesnt sit right, knocking a big fish on the head and throwing it up on the bank - but as they dont belong here and destroy native fish habitat, the rules are very tight. [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Logancarp1.JPG

post-1987-144598451765_thumb.jpg

nice 1 Enem nice king carp/common i love carp fishing back here my lad who is 7 loves to fish for anything so he is easy to please.Jeff i wouldnt lke to eat carp i can only imagine they taste very muddy i know the french like them though but not for me lol.

Are carp a big problem in ozz and wat speices of cat fish do you guys get over there im only familar with the wels catfish which is a european version i think originally from germany.

beggo wrote:

just a note Enem whats that grabber thing in the carps mouth ive never seen them before are they fish freindly

its a lip gripper beggo fish and fisherman friendly landing and release device the expensive ones(boga grips) have built in scales

to weigh the fish

thanks Jeff might see if i can get hold of 1 and bring it home with me looks great for pike[essox lucius] fishing here dont know if your pike are differnt to ours but ours have some wicked teeth.

Feral that would be fantastic really appriciate any help i can get over there while fishing plus would be great to meet and fish along side some of you guys

as for bait n tackle joints haha this is AUS there almost under 5 mins from anywhere.

checkout www.bcf.com.au for stores listings and alot of service stations near rivers stock some tackle and most stock bait.

edit; also for those that seen logan at the floods a couple of months ago, a few weeks after the flood i went down to check it out near the pylons just up under the bridge sorta near the logan reserve/park thingy sorta sank upto my waist in mud and my buddy had to help me out with rope :( upseting being that way with ya mate laughin his ass off refusing to get you out for 45 mins and drinking all the beers......

• 1 month later...

hiya folks well im just over a week away from comming to your lovely country were really buzzing now cant wait to get there not looking forward to the flight though.but any way hows the fishing at the moment and what could i expect to catch is the beach fishing good this time of year after watching many hours of rex hunt i would love to try whiting and can you eat flathead as well.really have got a million and 1 questions about fishing over there but that excited about comming over i always forget what i want to say lol.

beggo flathead are great eating,whiting on the beach is more a summer thing, the winter whiting are more a bay species.the main target species on the beach at this time of year are tailor, great fun and good eating as long as you bleed them straight away.

the fishing is pretty good at the moment and will only get better as the winter progresses the bream and snapper are starting thier runs

and the jewfish are becoming more active with the cooler weather.

as for gear there is a great outdoor store called anaconda at logan go in and see michael(nastymind on afo)and he'll look after you

jeff f

Archived