Fishing with Ellicat on the Richmond !!

Dusky

Me and Maxi went fishing with Ellicat today !! :laugh: :laugh:

All in all we had a great time and we really enjoyed meeting him and having a great time on the water !! :laugh: :laugh:

Although the fishing was dismal...just like the weather..we got drenched more than once!! :( :(

Maxi caught the biggest legal fish of the day so it was his shout at the local afterwards!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'll let Ellicat tell you his score for the day! :P :P

I was stoked to finally catch a bream on my VX40 Ecogear lure..although it was small it put a smile on me dial!!..about the only time I smiled all day!! :laugh: :laugh:

Went home and had a spa with a beer to bring me bones back to life!! :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers Ellicat your a top bloke mate..hope to go fishing with ya again soon under better weather and fishin conditions!! :laugh: :laugh:

Good to see you had fun :P, we were lucky down at sandon as it didnt realy rain the whole time, only wind. But as we were driving home it started pouring. and ellicat, we saw you on the way home :P. Saw a car out the window with some afo stickers on the boat i think and thought it looked abit like ellicat. :D

Dusky wrote:

Me and Maxi went fishing with Ellicat today !! :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers Ellicat your a top bloke mate..hope to go fishing with ya again soon under better weather and fishin conditions!! :laugh: :laugh:

Here's a few quotes that spring to mind.

Me and Maxi = Sucker fish.

Go fishing with Elli - did you use him for bait?

You know he was only there to sus out your tax.:S

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Sorry BE but I couldn't resist.

no pics gus... no fish equals no pics.. hahaha

elli is still down here somewhere having a well earnt break..or something like that !!!

pinkey.. elli didnt have his boat here... maybe it was duskys boat you saw but neither of us look remotely like elli.... i hope....haha

Maxi

Well, What can I say. The "things aren't too great in 2008" theme continues.

In chronological order -

The Friday before we left there was a definite highlight. After picking up some food supplies from the local Coles we were heading back to the car when there was an almighty crashing sound coming from the ramp to the rooftop. Went over for a look to find a poor Coles worker had crashed his fully laden trolley tractor.

Saturday morning had to brave the crowds at the shopping centre to get Mitch his 13th birthday present before heading home to pack the car. With so many fishing options

available around Ballina I packed just about every stick and reel we have (except not every spool apparently)

As we drove out of the driveway it started to rain. Nothing too heavy until we got to Ballina where the skies were open and the rain was the torrential type where you can't see out the windscreen. Went to book into the place and the plastic cards wouldn't work.

Fortunately the deposit we'd paid was enough to cover the first night. We discovered the next day (after paying) apparently there was some bank glitch with the time (daylight saving) changing back to real earth time.

Unpacked and called up maxi and arranged to meet at the boat ramp in the morning for my first popper session. After I got off the phone I realised an hour had been lost when we crossed the border and had to make a mad dash to the tackle shop for some poppers.Went home and got the gear ready. Discovered I'd left the spool of 6lb for the Tierra in Brisbane along with the light leader. Oh well 14lb would have to do.

Sunday morning came and headed down to meet maxi and dusky waiting in their car for the rain to ease before launching. Just as well as I had to head back to town to grab the fishing licence I'd forgotten about. Got back and it was still raining so decided to sit in the back of the wagon and rig up. Soon after the rain cleared and we were away.

Fishing was great early. Both Dusky and maxi managed some large pontoons sight casting. The pontoons were released unharmed. I think a couple may have spat the hooks too. With the 14lb on a 3 kilo stick I was safe from casting close enough. I had a lighter shimano outfit rigged for SP I could have changed to but was suffering from the early morning lazies. :pinch:

Soon after maxi got jealous that I hadn't complained about catching pontoons and offered up his virgin loomis with a stella on the bottom. I quickly didn't refuse the offer. lol How could anyone refuse a combo like that ?;)

We moved around a bit without much a luck. Then did a section where there were a few follows and hits but no hookups. Tried our luck up a creek but there was no paddle. Eventually the poppers went away for Dusky and I and the SP's came out. I think Dusky broke the duck for the day with a bream before changing to his VX40. The rain had managed to miss us for most of the morning, but eventually hit us and with just a spray jacket for protection I got soaked through. The lads said it wasn't cold so I played along hiding my Queenslander shivers.

The rain stopped and a hot bite of tailor came on. I boated the first on a 3" nuc chicken shrimp. Unfortunately I'd left the camera and phone both at home so no pics, but you'll have to trust me when I say it would've gone close to 80 and put up a good fight on light line.

Not to be outdone, Dusky managed a double hook up on his VX40! Yep two tailor on a single lure. One about 70 and the other must have been a very respectable 90. The boys were so chuffed maxi went for his camera but before he got it the 70 flipped off.

Maxi peristed with the poppers and eventually managed a bream after it had about 4 or 5 boofs at it. Good to see.

We got back to the ramp, but decided to keep going and have a bit more of a fish in the river where maxi pulled in a few flathead. Can't remember if Dusky got one there or not. I do remember that I didn't though. Finished off the session with a couple of beers at the tavern.

Returned to the unit just in time for it to start raining again. It didn't stop until we got back to Brissie.:( The rain and onshore wind made for an abysmal trip fishing-wise. I didn't touch the rods again until I packed them into and onto the car to come home.

The best part was the morning session with Dusky and Maxi. Two top blokes. Looking forward to doing it again somewhere someday. Thanks guys. Champion effort to bother taking me out in those conditions.:)

[img size=492]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Ballina_cloud_070408.JPG

post-564-144598452371_thumb.jpg

maxi wrote:

elli is still down here somewhere having a well earnt break..or something like that !!!

pinkey.. elli didnt have his boat here... maybe it was duskys boat you saw but neither of us look remotely like elli.... i hope....haha

Maxi

Didn't take my boat pinkie. Could have filled it up to water the grass up here LOL.

Maxi, I thought we looked a little similar.... [img size=492]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ellimax.JPG

post-564-144598452391_thumb.jpg

ellicat wrote:

maxi wrote:

Maxi

Didn't take my boat pinkie. Could have filled it up to water the grass up here LOL.

Maxi, I thought we looked a little similar.... [img size=492]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ellimax.JPG

looks like Milo Otis from the Full Frontal show:P :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived