My 1st on a non-bait! Woohooo!

EMP

The fam went to Bullocky for a barbie and I borrowed an hour from them.

We had cooked prawns with us and I tried using a couple for about 10 minutes. Bored, I thought of using Kurt's spinnerbait (given by Uncle Angus and Strike King; thanks, bud).

And then, woohoo! I got lucky! 44 cm definitely felt good. ;)

I do hope to go for my second soon!;) [img size=440]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Nokia_pix_126b.jpg

post-2597-144598451686_thumb.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still yet to bag a yella and its your first on a lure!

congratulations man.

I think you will find the majority of yellas are caught on spinner baits.

That said when Ash James and I went to stanley, I got one hit I think, can't remember if there was any other interest in spinners. Everything that I can think of was caught on handcrafted Yowie Lures.

I think the beauty of spinner baits is you can fish right up in the structure a bit better than a hardbody.

They tend to make it out of a snag a lot better, and flutter nicely on the way down to your target destination. IMO they're good for fishing up hard against snags or structure.

That said, I've caught one catfish on a spinner bait and tahts it.

Archived