Show Me Your Best Brisbane River Catches

Angus

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kriso wrote:

jeff f wrote:

i know its pretty bad but i woulda called that a cod and ended up in alot of pain!:blush:

doubt that kriso i'll put up a head on shot so you can see all the spikes

there's no way hou'd touch it [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1130029_AFO-128166bfcb4777b7cce90849996f9d4b.jpg

post-422-144598452213_thumb.jpg

pinkey wrote:

What were you trolling for jeff? do you reckon theres jacks in oxley creek?

With all the bait in oxley creek there could easily be jacks. There is a lot of underwater sand stone structure as well.

But there are deffinently flathead and salmon so worth a troll for sure.

Angus

Pinkey: Yeah I agree. Whats more with the snags, bait, the fact that fish like cod, salmon and flatties abound, I would wager good money they would "HAVE" to be there.

The only question though, why hasnt someone arsed one while livebaiting for other fish??

I reckon it would be so worth investing a few weekend in a boat just casting lures and live bait at every pontoon and overhanging tree etc in the middle reach.

Angus

To right, some1 should organise a jack hunt from say the city upwards or somthing, but it would probly have to be in summer. Probly get a few cattys and eels, but a cod or salmon maybe even tarpon could also jump on as some interesting by catch.

anyway back to the subject, my biggest shark 87cm :S, and thready 51cm :S, i dont have pics, but ive got pics of a few others ill have a look

Archived