Show Me Your Best Brisbane River Catches

Angus

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pinkey wrote:

Nice one troy_79, what was the jindalee part of the river like back in 94? did you catch anything apart from muddys, cattys, eels and sharks?

nice bream to how big is your biggest out of boggy?

jindalee was pretty ordinary back then. but my mates and i went fishing there every weekend we mainly got big eel tailed catfish and eels good fun though. but never caught bream flatties etc. Cant believe how much the river has improved.

my biggest ever bream from boggy would be in that photo 3 of those bream were around 40cm

Angus wrote:

Dan that flatty has a nice colour for a dusky.

Angus

Yeah, they all seem to be very light in colour with little in the way of markings around there. Healthy looking things too big and fat but didn't fight very hard. Then again I was fishing pretty heavy.

wooo! upgraded my best river fish today!

After no fishing since sandon, i needed a fix, so this arvo went down to my old faithful spot 5mins walk from home, got nothing after about 2 hours nothing.. so packed up and went to a spot i have been thinking might produce but have never tried. Didnt take long to produce the goods on a live prawn when This fella popped up! my new pb thready, still small but its getting bigger :D, 60cm. New spot X. lol ;).

Put up a good fight on my baitcaster with 14lb fireline. Oh yeh and it was released!

post-1500-144598452434_thumb.jpg

pinkey wrote:

wooo! upgraded my best river fish today!

After no fishing since sandon, i needed a fix, so this arvo went down to my old faithful spot 5mins walk from home, got nothing after about 2 hours nothing.. so packed up and went to a spot i have been thinking might produce but have never tried. Didnt take long to produce the goods on a live prawn when This fella popped up! my new pb thready, still small but its getting bigger :D, 60cm. New spot X. lol ;).

Put up a good fight on my baitcaster with 14lb fireline. Oh yeh and it was released!

The river must finally be salting up around the Western suburbs! Sweet for you guys;)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice catch that blonde fishyman!

Carn Pinkey, you caught that Salmon in the surf, didn't ya, thats why you blacked it all out ;)

When I was a kid we used to fish for huge Catties at the Pinkenba outlet, used to catch them over a metre. I have since found out that the Catties in the river only grow to about 70cm, so I reckon we were catching threadies, but being kids who had never heard of a threadie, whiskers meant catfish!

Archived