Finaly, offshore! 10/04/08

Tim a

Hey everyone,

Went offshore from the goldy yesterday with my 2 favourite ex-members :P

As were we launching the boat, troy saw some longtoms and couldn't resist the itch, hoiked a skitter pop into the pack and WHAMSHEE! thats no longtom! After an epic battle and 3/4s of a spool lost and gained up came a beauty trev, a 90cm big eye!

The weather was absolutely S**t! We started off looking for some longtails, but could only find a few spread mac's around the place, I had a jighead straightened by a mac, we were getting bored so we went to the bait grounds and thought bugger it, we'll just livie up some bigguns. The rain was torrential and persistent whilst the wind was strong and annoying which made for some very very cold drifts. Not long, troy got a decent size "vermin" Mac Tuna, soon after I landed a big big yellow sweetlip at 5kg which ate a livie off the surface :S Then troy got the fish of the trip, a 13kg shark mackeral again on livies. After this, the fish shut down as the weather reached its 'peak crapness' I got absolutely reaped on the TLD with 50lb mono. Just did not have a chance with the fish as it took a super fast run into the reefs from the surface 100m away from the reef.

We then headed back in and found some more mack t's with birds working the schools where I landed my first ever Tuna, just a small mac on 20g knight slug. We found some longtails along the way but they were very spooky.

Apart from the weather, it was a fun day! Great experience to get smoked on such heavy gear for once.

You don't find many bream that can pull that much drag ;)

Thanks

Tim [img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Troy_sharkymack.JPG

post-96-144598453015_thumb.jpg

Nice one Tim thats a great looking fish.

90cm trev thats great! Another member "Porly" apparantly got one exactly the same length in the river so they must be around.

Glad to see you braved the weather and were rewarded.

And bugger me Troy is that a new hat!?!?!

Angus

Archived