Kayaks at Monduran 13th April

Schultzy

Last weekend Mal Gray and a couple of his mates met Tony and I at Monduran for a few sessions of pedaling around looking for a barra.

The weather was great, warm, calm and cloudless. Our main aim was to put the Hobie guys onto a fish and to take heaps of photos of the craft in action. We started at first light on Saturday morning and trolled up the lake until we found a likely looking spot. I handed the Vipers around and gave the chaps a few hints on how fast to pedal, how deep to troll and pointed them to a good trolling run. Within a couple of hours Mal was hooked up and easily landed a very nice 92cm barra on a Kakadu Tiger coloured Sandviper.

Much of the day was spent taking shots of the various gear and accessories and the Outback & Revolution hobies (nice craft!) The afternoon session was less productive; I managed to drop a quality barra that hit a 4†Bozos Mullet.

Next morning, Tony and I worked from my tinny, taking many more shots of the kayaks on the water before the Hobie team had to depart at 9am. Naturally we had to put one in the boat before packing up ourselves.:cheer:

Overall the fishing was tough. We spoke to plenty of other crews and found nobody who had landed a barra. Surface temps were good, ranging from 24C at first light to 26C during mid-afternoon. I guess the fish just weren’t too interested in feeding. Buggers probably came on the chew on Monday.:S [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/k_IMG_1873_resized.jpg

post-108-144598453787_thumb.jpg

Archived