Brisbane River 26/05/06

Angus

Well it was a good night!

It was also the biggest get together if this sites members since the Classic itself.

In attendence we had Troy, Jordan, Mat, Ian, Ash, Terry, George and yours truly.

It was a slow start however the cast nets proved fruitful aqquiring us all the shark bait in the form of large Luderick and Mullet we would need for the night in the space of 5 mins.

The first line to Go was Ash's getting him his first Brisbane River Shovel Nose Shark on a squid mait. The photo of him with this says it all!

Next to get hit was Ian (Ash's dad) landing teh second shovel nse of the evening. Ian also got the next fish which a nice little catty.

Then we had silence for a while.

Nearly right on the stroke of midnight however one of the shark lines went off. This is always exciting as shark or not, its a pretty big fish that slams a 35cm live luderick bait! Jordan got it in using his hands, (die to a tangle) and it was a lovely 15kg female Bullshark.

While the bull shark was being captured Mats line went off with a bang. As he was using a live prawn bait and the way the line ws screaming out we were all sure it was a salmon. A salmon and a Bully in 10mins would have been a first!

As the lin came alongside teh pontoon the \"Salmon\" must have mysteriously let go to be replaced with a huge ray. It was a bout 2 1/2 foot across the back. Oh well Mat still an awesome fight.

All in all a pretty dam good friday night.

All the pics are in the gallery and ill post them in teh forum tommorrow.

Good fishing everyone!

bugger... so looks like its me jord gus and petrie on saturday nite... ill probably go friday nite but not for sharks jst salmon and sum sp's... cose i dont think jordan can come down and i dont think gus can either... id be cool for friday becose ando can comin making 3 of us ... i say we try for sum bream at the wharf last time with sum bread to berley em up like me and ando do at brekky creek

troy

Archived