New Fisherman/ looking for a 'mentor'

Clayto

Hi guys (and any gals)

I have been in Aus for about a year and done a little fishing when I lived on the GC for a few months, now residing in Brissie northern suburbs and work in the city.

I am keen to get together with anyone going for a fish so I can learn a whole lot more than I already know, I have not fished the River at all but would also be interested in any shore based fishing that I can get to without a 4x4?

Anyone wanting to drag me along (i'll supply some drinks/eats) ahhpily join you

thanks

PS: Great site

Cheers

Clayto;)

Gday mate.

Firstly welcome to the site.

Where have you joined us from?

Id first of all like to direct you towards the \"Going Fishing\" section of the forum. This is a great place to both Post desired fishing trips as well check where other people are going and potentially join them.

For example, myself and a couple of guys are heading to Comslie Recreation Reserve at Comslie next wednesday night to chase hopefully a couple of river sharks. You are more than welcome to join us.

No 4X4 required :)

Angus

Hey Angus

thanks for the reply....

where have I joined you from... well there is a long story... born in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and grew up in Rhodesia and South Africa, been in the UK for 10 years itching to get out to live in Aus... and hey here I am in Brissie and loving every minute of it. Now just wanting to step up my fishing exploits!

Next Wednesday night would not be great for me as I have a big day at work on Thursday although still very tempting!

will keep a look out under the Gone Fishing and also catch up with you later in the month!

Once again thanks for the friendly welcome

Cheers

Clayto

Brian is to modest! he does a lot of fishing, and is often after a deckie, as is Ray, both live on the south side though. Angus and the boys often hit up the river land based, or make trips up and down the coast, and ask others if they want to come along.

So keep your ears open, and you should see plenty of offers.

Archived