Flogged by Neighbour

Dinodadog

Spent weeks teaching my next door neighbour the fine art of s/bait fishing and he repaid me yesterday by beating me 4 to 2. Thats the thanks I get for all that hard work.

But realy I don't mind because the smile on his face was my reward. It was not easy teaching a 66 year old to cast and retreive s/baits, harder when he has not cast lures before. His pb was 3 bass up to yesterday and now with 4 he is speechless.

We battled our way through the grass between bullocky and forgans and when we reached the water I stomped down some grass for a casting area and let him start fishing while Icleared a spot for myself. He was on 1st cast a little 35cm bass,then before I got my spot cleared he was on again a 40cm bass, I said leave a couple for me. I then got a 40cm and next cast lost a good one in the grass, he got another 40cm and I lost another in the grass. We moved to another spot where I got a 42cm and the neighbour got a 35cm.

No yellas this trip but I got 3 bass and a yella last monday and the neighbour nil

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

It would take pages to explain fully so I'll just touch on what I am doing at the moment. I am using 5/8oz s/baits cast out, count 1 2 then retreive with rod at 45 deg and when s/bait gets near grass high stick for rest of retreive with s/bait just under water. Good luck

Dinodadog wrote:

It would take pages to explain fully so I'll just touch on what I am doing at the moment. I am using 5/8oz s/baits cast out, count 1 2 then retreive with rod at 45 deg and when s/bait gets near grass high stick for rest of retreive with s/bait just under water. Good luck

That's great info thanks Dino:)

Archived