one day in coochin

James W

sorry bout posting old pics again......me and my bro in law were trolling for flathead in coochin creek one summers day a few years back..we were doing ok.....while we were putting along the mangrove edge i spotted a lure in the trees.....we stopped and i grabbed it and put it straight on and began to troll with it....5 minutes later it was owned by the flatty on the left......bonus!...feee lure and dinner to boot!...it was a deception shrimp i thinkj...it caught me many more fish after that day in cluding a bullrout which was also a bonus.....and tghe lure on the left a halco scorpion......well that lure had to retire hurt after years of valuable service......so now im always lookin g in the trees for lost lures!:P [img size=296]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/coochin.jpg

post-180-144598401991_thumb.jpg

Nice old fish James. Well looks like I thought wrong, you were into lures way before that Golden and Cod in Mackay (See my post in 'Old Mackay Pics').

Speaking of lost/found lures, I found one today while yack fishing at Pinkenba. It's called an 'Ambush Lure'. Anyone every heard of it? It looks kind of home made, old school. Most of the trebels have rusted away.

Troy

Archived