Moreton Is.

aussie9

Morning all,

My son and I are heading out to Curtain Artificial reef and maybe Tangalooma Wrecks for a few days fishing.

We havent ever been to there before, so if anyone has any tips or suggestions for the area it would be greatly appreciated. We have a few generic GPS marks for the area.

We'll probably stay around Mud Is. tonight and head over first up tomorrow.

Look out for the "Flipper"!

Cheers

Aussie

I fished there yestereday and had 3 monster kingfish eating our berley at the stearn.

We had run out of pillies so we couldn't pick any up even on softies, poppers, hardbodys or fresh slab bait.

Also sighted and caught a big trevally on soft plastic and got busted off by 3 others that we berleyed up and saw before hook up.

Number One Hint: stay away from the parking lot for maximum effect

I'll be out there again on Monday to get me some of those kingies.

Ch.16 VHF, 'Nastymind' if you wanna meet and greet,

Cheers,

Michael

Well, we had a good trip over about midnight. Stopped at Mud for a bit and caught one snapper (50cms).

Along with the other 50 or so boats at Tangalooma and Curtain, it was pretty average with 2 just legal bream.

It would appear that we picked the weekend with the biggest tide height differences and therefor the biggest run in the water. Had about 45mins of average run around high and low tide.

Around 8:00pm Sunday night we headed back to Mud. Fished a couple of our favourite marks for a lot of small snapper.

Monday morning around 4:00am, I reckon we were surrounded by another 40 boats,,,,,

At one time there would have had to have been 150 boats around Mud..

We ended up just cruising around St Helena and Green for a look at potential marks. It was just too nice a day.

as nasty hinted, boat traffic is the killer at curtain, better to go wide or north or sout of the main area. also if there are any divers in the water forget it. it was a new moon on monday night (or sunday, one of those :huh: ) so that would explain the bigger tides. this weekend would be the go, neap tides all weekend, should be able to fish most of the flow. reasonable burley, big (and live) baits will avoid the pickers as there is usually nice fish around down there somewhere. all i got last monday was a couple of small trevally and one snapper of about 60cm, all on live bait. nothing too special, a good feed though.

nice snapper for around mud anyway! :)

Archived