Late Bli BLi report

Zim man

Hi all

I travelled up to sunshine coast over the anzac weekend and managed to get some time to go to bli bli barra park. As expected the park was fairly busy. They are now under new management.(higher prices as well i think) the last time i was there was late february with Angus and Nabs.

anyway, i was hoping to put the old man onto a decent barra before he went home to Zimbabwe. We hired some rods and went to work. ............

the fishing was tough, the barra were taking the pellets, but were so wary of them, it fast became a game of fustration. after 30 minutes i managed to get a hook up on a small one but the line broke:angry: . i am not sure sure about the quality of line on the hire rods but for 5 bucks, you get what you pay for. an hour later i hook into a biggy, about 90cm. i hooked right near the log under the water, i have 10 pound dodge line and the fight is on. after 5 minutes all is going well, then a guy starts fishing about 20 metres away where my fish is. my fish starts making runs out towards the other guys line. the other guy is watching this and sees my fish going to his line and he does ......nothing, i try to put abit of extra control on the fish and the line breaks.:angry: bara 2 - rob 0:angry:

to top it off, the dude changes spots 15 minutes later. in all this time we have not seen any one catch a fish. The sun is setting the sand flies and mozzies had a field day on me. we changed to another corner of the big boys pond. we threw out the pellets and finally managed to coax them into feeding. after many inspections from the barra, one finally took my pellet and i was on. this fight was about 6 minutes long and he jumped a few times.

[img size=500]http://www.searingtackle.com.au/AFO/barra.jpg

however my old man still had nothing but a few near misses. it was now almost dark. with his last pellet he cast it out and we watched 2 eyes appear from the deep, come up to the pellet, open his mouth...then close it and turn away. we thought that was his last chance and he was about to call it a day when another biggy came up and sucked the pellet and made off, this fish was huge, way bigger than mine. i would not be surprised if it made the metre mark. the fish fought like a demon going back and forth and just as it was about to come in, the line broke....again....

that was that, yibbida yibbida and all that. my old man returns barra less, and i had the one fish. the guy at the counter said that we had the most action of all the people there that day.

i think its time they changed the stock of the fish to get some less gun shy ones in. and if you are hiring rods, go for the white line as it is 10 pound test. the green line is 20 pound and the barra see that stuff straight away. after i got my fish i gave my rod to the old man and the barra showed more interest in his pellets on that line than the thicker stuff.

that was the days fishing. thanks for reading

Sounds like a good day, even if you missed a few. Shame about ya Dad not getting one in, mabye next time:huh: . It'll give him something to look forward to when he returns. I wonna see a pic of him with his first, when he gets it.

A good report, thanks:)

Jayson

Archived