The Hoe Today

Bommie

Met U_t on the way at 5:30 this morning, then caught up with Schultzy, Tony, Wayned, SteveM at the gate. It was a slow morning for me, especially with the youngsters in tow. Big Al got the first and best fish out of the old canoe going 53cm caught on a softplastic in white grub. I kept getting heaps of strikes on a purple spinnerbait but no hookups. Big Dyl, his Dad and Bommie jnr managed a few forkies on dark bibless lures.

A bit before midday we headed back to see off U_T and Seb, then the rest headed in for the day. Since I had not got a bass we headed back out to fix that. Trolling along the river channel I hooked up to something big on a 65dd boomerang, after about 5 mins of fighting it, the fish done a ubolt staight towards the canoe, the line went slack for a split second and damn it spat the hook:angry: . Kept trolling along but the young fellows where starting to tire quick so we started to head back. Halfway back I finally connected, it put up a good fight but was nothing special. Al then got another at 32cm on a dark bibless, then I got a slightly bigger one again on the boomerang, then Al scored another at 42cm same lure, then me again but not big.

It was a great day and excellent to catch up with everyone.

Matt [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2762_AFO.jpg

Al's 1st

post-2146-144598456737_thumb.jpg

Bommie wrote:

Seb's cattie first fish on lure for him, actually first time he has used one, but the funny thing is he had only about 4 metres of line out, the lure was just hanging there and while he was rolling a cigarette not even holding the rod he was on:laugh: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2769_AFO.jpg

t

Hoping to get there this weekend as going to visit daughter in Esk. Just have to bribe missus to tow boat with the honda as my hilux decided to die and had to be towed by RACQ this arvo.

Where did you guys launch from? I will be going from logans.

Cheers

Ray

Archived