How young can you go ?

Gazza

Last W/E I went down south for my Daughters 21st to be handed my own surprise :woohoo:

I pic of a very young Gazza :woohoo:

not sure of the year bout 1977 in Geelong vic I was off to the Barwon river Reddie and eel fishin I remember that lol

thought it would make a good start to a thread

Cheers Gaz

GazAFO.jpg

I'm going to make you feel even younger lol

Hmm Javis walker Black Queen (solid glass) was a (dream) rod I had took me 3 yrs of pocket money to save to buy it :blink:

First rod I built was a rangoon cane surf rod complete with rope grips :woohoo:

and I bet there are heaps on herw who can reflek on better than that lol

I leave it open

ah the first surf rod

a 16 foot rangoon cane that i bought at david lanes sports store in burleigh heads for$1.50. built it myself

with green cuttyhunk chord grips and german silver guides

and a 7" bakelite spooled alvey that i got for christmas 1970

still got the reel

Sheesh... was not quite sure where the first post was heading after reading the title... I was hovering over the Report to Mod Button.

I was stricly a handline boy till I was about 10years old. We had some good little jetties around the area we would ride to and spend the afternoon dangling our legs in there. There was something fascinating about having a fish on the other end of a bit of line that you are holding on to, with nothing else in between to help you. Its just you against fish (but the line was about 40LB stuff!)

big al wrote:

here is my first canoe that I made myself, I was about 12/13 taken at wello point 1961 approx.[img size=494]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/img064_AFO.jpg
Looks like they still allowed camping there them.I can remember in the late 40s we used to catch the train down there and took a wheelbarrow to carry the tent and all our gear down from the railway station down to the point.It took about 5 trips from the station and took all day sadly no photos as we could not afford a camera.

Cheers

Ray

• 3 weeks later...

here is my earliest photo, thats me the little one on the right with a catch of catfish, yellowbelly and mostly redfin, I accounted for one redfin:dry:, caught at Copeton dam in '76. We lived in the bush and caught alot of our own food(fish, rabbits, pigs etc.) so this lot kept us going for a little while. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/img089_AFO.jpg

post-2146-14459845918_thumb.jpg

Archived