Cabarita Beach

Jords

just found out im spending a week down at Cabarita beach with a mate at his uncles place during the june/july hols (he is away on holidays)

wat is teh fishing like down there??

tailor bream dart etc. of the beach i presume??

cheers

Hello

Good on you. Lucky bugger.:cheer:

The head at Cabarita in some spots might be Ok for bream. Got a couple there.

Its a very large headland, and there are some spots off it, but are limited....

Some sections are sheer drops, very long way down.

When last down there in Feb. when I made enquiry at the local burger joint, about fishing around the headland, ones of locals just rolled her eyes and said there are "silly fisherman" falling off once in a while.

All that said, as a walk / view out to sea etc. Its a top headland.

The beaches are nice and picked up a couple of keeper bream there also. Can't remember specifically where....go the usual, and maybe look for good gutters.

Good Luck!!

norries head fishes well for some big bream and decent tailor with the occasional jew. be careful though, it can be pretty dangerous. there is a spot where there is a channel in between two underwater rock shelves that fishes best for bream, morwong, drummer etc, tailor are a bit hit and miss but keep a pilly in the whitewater and you'll be in with a chance. i caught my pb bream off there about 4 years ago, was 46cm and 2.4kg. snapped my rod getting it up the cliff too!!!

Jords wrote:

just found out im spending a week down at Cabarita beach with a mate at his uncles place during the june/july hols (he is away on holidays)

wat is teh fishing like down there??

tailor bream dart etc. of the beach i presume??

check out maxi's website www.northcoastfishingnsw.com.au

cheers

Archived