Brisbane Bay Tours - 1st June & 15th June.

Angus

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As their gear sounds ok I will be using it. I have seen that some of the charter operators insist that all clients only use the provided gear. That means that everyone is using the same class of line etc and this results in much fewer tangles etc.

Cheers

Ray

has anyone actually mentioned what gear they provide, ive looked on the website and no luck. just read over thsi post and couldnt see anything.

i have the bottom bouncing covered and the red line finesse shallow reef thing covered but the big blue stuff maybe not (might borrow from a mate)

Hey guys.

I have fixed up everyones payment for the trip.

Can you please when you get a chance make your payments of $170 to the AFO account.

Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124103

Account No: 20364022

Ill also put this on the front page.

Cheers guys!!

Looking bloody forward to these ones.

Angus

Oh also guys,

The gear available is good quality stuff. TLD 15's and 25's with 40lb and 60lb and good rods.

Danny was also saying based on some of the hook ups and bust ups they get anythign below 40lb will leave you in tears if your bringing your own gear.

Ill be using theirs.

If you want to use plastics though its more or less up to you. So I might a set up for them and see how I go.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Oh also guys,

The gear available is good quality stuff. TLD 15's and 25's with 40lb and 60lb and good rods.

Danny was also saying based on some of the hook ups and bust ups they get anythign below 40lb will leave you in tears if your bringing your own gear.

Ill be using theirs.

If you want to use plastics though its more or less up to you. So I might a set up for them and see how I go.

Angus

so usernametaken still wanna bring your raider :blink::huh: :ohmy: :P :laugh: :laugh:

if my blank ever bloody comes back ill be taking that stick if its finished in time. 2kg stick should prove to be fun. dad is gonna bring his light plastics rod.

also goign to bring a heavy spinning set up aswell

then we will use their gear for bottom bouncing.

Carstenvp wrote:

Talked to a boatie mate of mine (he is up in Darwin fishing right now, Basta**)

He tells me the Bay only is between 5 and 18 Meters deep.

Is this true guys ?

Fairly true. There are some spots that make 30m, but generally it only gets to 22m or so in the spots you want to fish in :)(excluding spot x's of course, they might be different)

fishyman wrote:

i think we are venturing beyond the bay

please someone correct me if i am wrong

Yes we will be.

Weather depending.

Bascially if we canty head out and target bigger fish it will prob be post poned. For $170 you want the best and thats what they want to give.

Angus

There are a couple of areas on the inside of Morton Island that are deeper than 18 mtrs.

We had to do a deep dive as part of the advanced diver certification. This had to be over 40 mtrs.

The spot they took us to was 42 mtrs. There was nothing but sand on the bottom.

To answer the "Time" questions.

We have been advised to be at the Harbour by no later than 5:15am.

Also please can everyone check this thread on Friday night and Saturday. If due to weather the trip is cancelled I will post sometime during that period (as soon as I know).

Of course a new date will be set ASAP if its cancelled.

Angus

Archived