Brisbane Bay Tours - 1st June & 15th June.

Angus

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

benno573 wrote:

look out motackle... :laugh:

haha i wish, ill be spending $400 on 2 reels soon and about 200-250 for my heavier combo.

ill be just about tackled out by the end of it, not to mention broke.

i just hope the old birthday money comes in handy hahaha

have some bigger jigs at home if you would like to borrow them as well.

if sunday gets cancelled which it looks like it will, i will probably go back to charltons and grab a few more things as now dad wants a jig or two aswell haha.

but thanks for the offer mate :)

i was seriously tempted to buy a 8 ounce jighead at charltons on thursday night just for laughs hahha

no dramas mate, i have a few 400g ones which i have used up north that are still pretty much brand new. i also have a few 400g ones which i have introduced to some dogtooth tuna up north, they don't look brand new at all funnily enough... :blink: one of them ended up bent at right angles!!! :blink: :ohmy: if you think about the forces and angles involved to do this, you'd know what sort of fish it was. didn't end up landing it though... :unsure: love to watch you try and land a 25kg+ yellowtail kingy on your new slater stick mate... :P

mate, the swains are insane. managed to score a trip out there with some mates when i was about 12 or 13, just blew my mind. the trout we were catching were all 10kg+, the nannys, the jobfish, the GT's, mackeral, dogtooth, it was just INSANE! can't wait to get back out there one day soon. the old man and i are thining of sailing his new yatch up there for a few weeks... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Attention everyone.

Sorry to say the second trip has been post poned as well. AAAAargh.

The date has been re set for the 27th June. Please weather gods forgive us for whatever we did.

Oh well,

Who is fishing at NP sunday :P

Angus

As its stands now the revised dates are:

Those who were meant to go on the 1st of June are on the 29th June.

Those who were meant to go on the 15th June arre on the 27th July.

Please feel free to swap around etc. Just let me know so I can edit the list.

If not everyone can make either date, we could possible organise a 3rd trip, and fill the holes with new people if that makes sense.

Cheers.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Attention everyone.

Sorry to say the second trip has been post poned as well. AAAAargh.

The date has been re set for the 27th June. Please weather gods forgive us for whatever we did.

Oh well,

Who is fishing at NP sunday :P

Angus

Looks like a typo caused by dissapointment 27 june is a friday

Cheers

Ray

I apologise. I did mean 27th July. :( Ever more sleeps.

I am seriously considering making a 3rd trip to space people out to suit them better. Are there any other people interested in going on one of these to make this a viable option?

Angus

P.S. Brisbane Bay Tours has pretty made it clear to me that if we cotinue to make bookings like this they will:

a: Priotitise us for all booking concerns.

b: Obviously do their best to put us onto the good spots.

It could work out to be a very mutually beneficial arrangement :)

Angus

Angus wrote:

As its stands now the revised dates are:

Those who were meant to go on the 1st of June are on the 29th June.

Those who were meant to go on the 15th June arre on the 27th July.

Please feel free to swap around etc. Just let me know so I can edit the list.

If not everyone can make either date, we could possible organise a 3rd trip, and fill the holes with new people if that makes sense.

Cheers.

Angus

Ray K: This was the more accurately worded post sorry.

Angus

I'm on the June charter, but am now officially sworn off bananas until after the July trip. I'm not normally superstitious (touch wood) but I'm prepared to do what it takes to lift the wrath of the weather gods.

Oh and Angus, I think a regular AFO charter would be a great idea. I'd certainly be interested in more trips like these.

Ok guys. Looks good. I think ill talk to them and organise another after July. Im sure between no and then we can fill the spots.

The only thing that worries me is with the weather this year what if they keep getting put back :(

Angus

That's just bad Karma dudes.....

I am gutted, scaled and filleted...

I was so looking forward to meet you guys and doing my first real BLue trip.

Well not to worry, I'll just sit in the corner and play with my Viking hat and wait until the 27. July.

It seems like quite a few people often goes to the Pine River to fish?

Do you bank or Kayak fish ? and where abouts do you start out/meet?

Tight lines until the 27/07.

/Carsten

username_taken wrote:

the wind didn't seem all that bad today at home ... Anyone know what it was like out in the blue ?

It was lumpy at the mouth of the river last night.

Just got back from the Colmslie ramp and the river couldn't be any smoother - not a ripple:)

Archived