Nudgee creek, bit of fun..

pinkey

Hey all... havnt put a report for ages, partly because i havnt been catching much at all.. lol.. so heres just a quick one.

Today my friend sam took Flathead and I down to nudgee creek for a good flick..

was a pretty good day. Fished for flattys at the start and got quite a few small ones wich was good fun on plastics, sam got a good sized flounder wich was probly the best catch of the day.. went 31cm. We explored heaps and found a couple of nice spots. Decided to test the bream potential so put some bread on our jigheads and quickly got into some action getting quite a few breamobs amung some good structure. Also got a few small whiting on plastics. Oh and at the start we did abit of surface fishing and got some strikes from whiting and a long tom, no hookups.

I used 2lb stren microfuse, with 6lb mono leader. with 3inch Powerbaits on 1/8 berkly jigheads, for my flathead and whiting, also got one flathead on a 3inch atomic jerkshad. My tally was, 4 small flathead biggest 37cm, 1 small whiting around 16cm.. and about 5 bream on bread biggest 28cm.

All up we got about 9 flathead, 4 or 5 whiting, 1 large flounder, 12 - 15 bream most around 25cm.

Oh and callum also got one of those weird looking stingrays on a scorpion wich put up a awsome fight.

all fished released. sams got a couple of pics that i will probly post later on.

well done i have fished that creek a fair bit and only pulled a few fish, it fishes much better in winter with alot of bream hanging around the snags. the biggest fish i have pulled from this creek is a 53cm flathead and a few big stingrays. becareful when wading through there as there are alot of stingrays and a few big sharks:D

cheers guys.

Cool keechie, are the bream around the snags in winter realy finniky? or catchable on lures? Funny the only ray we saw today was the one callum hooked, realy pulled the kinks out of the bream gear. Nice one with the 53cm flatty, all 9 flattys we got were from 30cm - 37cm, still fun mind you, i love the feeling if jig, jig, jig, weight, zzzz..

pinkey wrote:

cheers guys.

Cool keechie, are the bream around the snags in winter realy finniky? or catchable on lures? Funny the only ray we saw today was the one callum hooked, realy pulled the kinks out of the bream gear. Nice one with the 53cm flatty, all 9 flattys we got were from 30cm - 37cm, still fun mind you, i love the feeling if jig, jig, jig, weight, zzzz..

if the bream see it they will smash it, but i would be uding gulp shrips on a tt hws jighead about 1/40th get it right on the fallen tree trunks or mangroves and let it sink down and wait 10 seconds then twitch it twice but very gently i might have to show you someday but it works.

careful as the toadfish will eat your plastics.

nudgee creek has hundreds of toadies but if you get through them there is some great fish to catch such as bream, big and small flathead, flounder, tailor, small jewfish, estuary cod, trevally and i have even caught a queenfish in there!

Yeh was great little session that stingray took some good runs on 4lb braid. The ray fell to a good bit foul hooking in the left flap ;). I was amazed at how shallow it was everywhere we only found one nice gutter which is where all the flattys came from which was only about 1.5m althogh this was at low tide Tim and i actualy walked about 600m out into morten bay from the bank with the water never passing our knees we were looking for a nice drop off to tangle with a few nobbys lol :P oh and we only managed to decrease the toady population by about 5 :dry: oh and Sams flounder was ausome catch havent seen one that big and on a lure

Archived