transom mount leccy on the bow?

Burko

I picked up a 42lb minn kota transom mount pretty cheap and would like to mount it off the bow. I have a brooker 410 with a bow rail but I plan on mounting a fairly solid mount between front deck and rail and mounting it to that. anyone know if it has been done before? will be using a tiller extension so that i can run it from the platform i am planning on building from the front thwart forward. (not very big, but will suffice)

also can the motor be twisted 180' to fix forward /backward running?

havn't really looked at it yet bought it a while ago but with moving house, newborn son, newborn son needing operation etc etc nothings been done.

Very simple job to rotate the head 180 degrees. There is only one screw to remove, rotate head, do up screw. two minute job.If you are leaving current motor on just keep it down when using leccy to act as a rudder or you will find the steering very twitchy.If you are going to use it on leccy only inpoundments you will need to make up a rudder.

Cheers

Ray

thanks guys

am going to be using it mainly in the canals & rivers around brisbane. also just to help launching from beaches solo.

interesting advice about 42lb struggling have been told by others that it would pull it along nicely, different pushing.

Archived