My ReFit has begun.....First run results posted

bigtez

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bigtez wrote:

Never had anything written on her, but we always refered to it as 'baby boat'. I am not at all superstitious so I am not worried about a name change.

....yeah. but there was this friend of a friend that one time didn't pass along a chain letter and had bad luck for many years.....:P :laugh: :laugh:

I have no real idea. A lot of it was purchased through trade contacts so the prices I have paid may not be accurate for anyone else. I will try and sit down one night and work out what the new floor and console would have cost.

I have still got a bit of work to do on it, like finishing off the livewells and sorting out the under floor storage. But it is now usable so tomorrow morning I will get to give it a proper test run.

Terry

Just got back from the first run with the new fitout and am surprised at how well it went. It now leaps out of the hole like its backside is on fire. Top speed is about the same as before the fitout although I think I need to readjust the throttle control as I think it isn't quite getting full throttle. The underfloor storage works really well (I will post some photos of what I have done under the front deck later) and I still have heaps of room to spare. And to top it all off I got a bream that would have to come close to winning the FOTM wooden spoon.

The only downside at the moment is working out some rod storage when ther is 2 ppl in the boat. I guess that is this weeks project.....

Terry [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_5504.jpg

post-1326-144598463462_thumb.jpg

Forgot to mention the other thing I noticed was that the fish didn't spook when I was driving around near them. I don't know if thats the way they are all the time in that waterway (1st time I have fished there) or the new 'satin' paint didn't frighten them as much.

I have read on another forum that some people believe that a flashy paint scheme spooks fish so maybe there is a bit of truth in that.

great to hear it went good terry.... i remember seeing a boat some years back with fish painted on the underside of the hull along with squid etc ... the bloke reckoned that it didnt spook the fish at all when fishing close inshore reefs... food for thought eh !! hahahaa

Maxi

Rocket75 wrote:

catching a bream like that makes all the hard work worthwhile:unsure: :laugh:

hope they get progressivly bigger from now on;)

Have enjoyed seeing the process, lookin good.

Rocket

I hope they just get monstrous straight away, not progressively.

Archived