Opinion on Starlo Stix

boon

Planning to get the starlo stix from motackle as they're on sale. Looking to buy the 2-5kg squidgy med for bream and the 11' 10kg for surf fishing. Is 11' enough? Anybody used them before? All opinions are welcome.

For what they are i love them.

When im surf fishing with plastic i use a 2-4 kg (matched with twin power 2500) Starlo stick and its great.

I also have a 1-3 kg starlo stix for my Twin Power 1000.

In my opinion considering the price they are a very good product.

Angus

if your going to fish soley for bream with the 2-5kg rod i would consider maybe getting the 2-4kg or even the 1-3kg as i have the 2-5kg rod and it has a bit of trouble casting little lures associated with bream fishing and it is quite stiff so i have even pulled hooks due to the rod not folding under the pressure. But i have found it's action great for SP plastic fishing for snapper as it gives a great action to the plastic and has a fair bit of power in its blank.

i think mine is the 5-8kg as well, i use it for everything offshore, and it launches a slug better than anyone else ive ever seen. the starlo stick with a 4000 exceller and 20lb braid is just perfect. couldnt even imagine a better combo

I've been really happy with my 2 piece Xtreme Spin 6'6 (the baby of the group).

2-4kg but with the same min casting weight as the 1-3kg (3-12 grams), it suits me quite well.

Every one wants different things though, some might find that model a bit soft and prefer the squidgy models.

I had access to quite a few different brands and models when I bought the Starlo and played with them all frequently, but for the money ($85.00 ticket price, less staff discount:P ), I'm happy with the choice.

Take your time at a tackle store, browse, pick them all up and fit the reel of choice to get a better feel of balance, then you'll be able to make an informed decision.

Trust me, I'm a salesman:silly:

Rocket

I reckon its the same as the rest of the rods in that price range. (at least for the 1-3kg range). I've played with the starlo stic, sic stick, drop shot and and another one (can't remember) and I reckon they're all the same. Only deciding factor is which one is on sale at the time. :)

Mojiko make a 1-3kg 10ft rod. Nastymind showed them to me when I ran into him at Anaconda. When it was on sale it only cost ~$40 i think. A steal at that price.

Archived