shopping spree at bcf tomorrow

Troy_79

hey guys well its only 7 days until my houseboat trip down the pin. Cant wait spent the past few days going threw all my gear and cleaning it all up, and tomorrow im going to bcf at cannon hill to buy some more gear.

Im finally getting the hang of sp's now caught 7 catties on them this arvo in the river so going to buy some tomorrow mainly targeting bream and flatties. For bream was thinking bout 3" minnows etc and maybe abit bigger for the flatties probably in pumpkinseed and watermelon colour? not sure on what size jig heads i should use and the hook size any help would be greatly appreciated:) if it helps the tides r small next weekend and not much run at all.

Also my mate really wants to catch a shark but wouldn't have a clue on what gear to buy if we cant get live bait we'll probably try to catch em on fresh mullet was thinking a large hook with a wire trace and 201b line:). we've caught small sharks in the past but that was just a fluke ithink 2 years ago we caught a 40cm hammerhead on a yabbie:laugh:

cheers,troy

For the 3" minnows, with the minimal current, some 1/24, 1/16 and 1/8oz jigheads will be good for Bream and Flathead. Maybe some 1/6oz if you think you'll fish in any deepish areas. Size 1/0 hook as well usually is good as it allows the plastic to move naturally.

Thanks for the help guys ended up getting 2" gulp shrimp in banana prawn, 3" gulp minnow in watermelon pearl and shaggy shad gulp in pumpkin seed and 1/16,1/8,1/6oz jigheads, so im pretty much prepared. Also bought myself a new reel Shimano Slade 2500 looks like a nice reel. Cant wait til this weekend, nothing better then relaxing on the houseboat with a rod in 1 hand a beer in the other and listening to the footy on the radio;) GOLD!

Archived