looks like a windy weekend ahead

Troy_79

just been on seabreeze and BOM and both are forecasting 20/25kn S/SW winds both for saturday and sunday:( Wont affect me to much down the pin. Alot of goods spots protected from the wind.

I just Hope the forecast is wrong and you guys are able to get out on your brisbane bay tour on sunday. Im sure you'll have a great time, Good luck Looking forward to the report:)

I've been going every year since 97 but we haven't had a spa to expensive for us, we get our boat from broadwater houseboats i know coomera houseboats have one with a spa.

We r leaving the marina at 1pm tomorrow and wind isnt expected to get up until late friday night so it will be a beautiful trip up to the pin. and once we get there there will be plenty of protection from the wind. but its going to be fine anyway so thats good.

im so looking forward to this weekend hopefully i'll have a good story to tell when we get back sunday night

looking at the charts mate i think they will happen, up to at least 20kn. there is a huge high in the bight pushing up against a low in the tasman sea, creating a pretty good "fetch" between them. This is also really good news for any surfers on the site as this pattern usually generates some decent swell for SE Qld! :woohoo:

I reckon the wind will be hooting straight down the river from the gateway area. Upstream would be ok.

Downstream will probably be a bit lumpy, especially in the usual spots (under and just down from the GWay, Boggy Crk area in the middle and Northern side of the river there). Should be pretty well sheltered on the south side.

You'll handle it in the boat though mate - wont be any worse than the conditions during the protest rally:woohoo:

the port, ships and rock wall at the mouth provide some shelter from the SE winds. still, if the wind swings to be a bit more W which it could do based on the position of the high you'll get somewhere bewteen naff all and no shelter there. best bet for shelter is down around the pin, go and gatecrash troy's houseboat!

Archived