Eating Stingrays

Gerty_92

I was talking to this guy and we were talking bout fishing and he lives on pelican waters or something and is about the only one who fishes off it so he gets heaps of huge fish...also he said theres heaps of stingrays in it and then he also said that stingrays wings are really good to eat freshly caught.

so this prompts the question has anybody ever eaten stingray??

cheers cameron

I saw on \"I Fish\", or \"Fish\" or some other fishing show they were eating a stingray with some islanders up north (they were doing a fishing tour and were staying with some of them). The meat look reall slimy and they were eating it using a stick and they would just slide it along the stingray. The meat would actually stick to the stick. Looked terrible.

my old man kept a small one for the table a year or two ago. I think he said the meat had a layer of fat or something over the meat and in general tasted pretty ordinary (it was BBQed).

On the other hand I have eaten shovelnosed rays on numerious occasions and found it quite nice

• 2 weeks later...

avoid anything bigger than a dinnerplate!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you're going to try shovelnose make sure it's thewhite spotted variety because the pinkish brown ones taste like fried shiza:sick:it helps if you soak the fillets in milk overnight to get the slight ammonia taste out.

Archived